Altea Sliding Rear Seats

MWG

Oct 6, 2008
Hertfordshire
I think they were standard then became an option and now i'm not sure, if they aren't listed then i'd say they aren't fitted

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
Mine didn't come through with sliding seats. Nor did it have the holder under the shelf (as listed) but it did have a boot 12v socket that isn't listed for the normal Altea, just the XL.

lumor

May 18, 2011
missing the handle. I guess they are fixed but looks like it wouldn't take much to retro fit as the rails are there.

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
According to this, only the XL has sliding rear seats (and even then not in all trims), see here:
http://media.seat.co.uk/pdf/April_Altea_Spec11.pdf

My my2010 had sliding rear seats, but I've never used that function because I use the false floor and don't want that gap opening up..

Doesn't your false floor have a flap sticking up at the back, where it meets the backs of the seats? Mine does and it fills the gap when the seats go forward.

lumor

May 18, 2011
ha mine has a flap, wondered what it was for but I don't have the sliding seats :(

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
I'll have some for sale in a short while. I'm selling the Altea and will be putting the standard ones back in before she goes. If you're interested. £100 I paid for them plus postage so you can have 'em for that I reckon.

Viking as you have swapped em you must know what size M spline bit you need to get them out could you tell me , as i want to take em out to stick an amp under the seat

thanks

MM

Wimbledonian

Aug 31, 2010
milling around
Doesn't your false floor have a flap sticking up at the back, where it meets the backs of the seats? Mine does and it fills the gap when the seats go forward.

The flap fills the gap when the seats are folded forward and it rests on the horizontal seat backs. When the seats are slid forward the flap just flaps!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members