Altea Stereo Removal

p.r.glasbergen

din size radio

Well why don't you order here in Holland?? I you'd like i can make some inquieries at the dealership. And send it to you. Just send me an email :thumbup:

Ian_S

Just wanted to bump this message up as I'm considering getting the Dension iPod cradle.

Did the installation work? How does is sound? Any problems?

Thanks

SEATAltea

Altea / Toledo Din Plate

Hey all, new here. I see somebody was looking for a din plate for the Altea / Toledo range. If anybody needs it just drop me a mail.

SEATAltea

Jimmy Blake said:
According to SEAT, even the basic Altea in the UK ships with the CD unit - so you are unable to order the fascia from the UK. :-(

James

If anybody needs this din plate just drop me a mail.

FR Tim

I now know (thanks to this thread) how to remove the stereo, my better half bought me a bluetooth hands free parrot kit for christmas and I now want to install it, only thing is I can't work out which stereo removal key I need. Does anyone have a link to somewhere I can get one or is it as easy as popping to halfrauds and geting one from there?

Apr 21, 2006
Cirencester
Jimmy.

The part number for the RHD fascia with 2 DIN slots is 5P2858063A1MM. This is for a Sport model as it is black. With this info the dealer must be able to work out the number if you need a silver fascia. Otherwise contact Willoughby Seat (0115 922 1778) who sorted this out for me 3 years ago.

Or if you want a second hand black fascia that came out of my car this weekend, new 170 XL being deliveried today, send me a mail ([email protected]).

carol clarke

Hi did you ever get this sorted...I am a passionate cricket fan and my radio doesn't have long wave so I'm going to need to replace it soon...!

Any ideas??

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
Hi did you ever get this sorted...I am a passionate cricket fan and my radio doesn't have long wave so I'm going to need to replace it soon...!

Any ideas??
tbh we are all going to need to replace our radio's soon , i have it on good knowledge from a friend in the car audio trade that in 2015 most FM broadcasting is going to stop & DAB only will be the order of the day , needless to say he is a happy bunny , mean time the wait is on for a double din DAB , i am told they will be with us this year

Tell

Staff member
tbh we are all going to need to replace our radio's soon , i have it on good knowledge from a friend in the car audio trade that in 2015 most FM broadcasting is going to stop & DAB only will be the order of the day , needless to say he is a happy bunny , mean time the wait is on for a double din DAB , i am told they will be with us this year

I'm not too sure whether it will happen that quick. That date was given in 2009 with the proviso:

>>
The switchover will be announced two years in advance and not until digital listening accounts for 50% of total radio listening, but Lord Carter hopes this will be the case by the end of 2013.
<<

So you need your DAB radio penertration rates forecast for 2013 if 2015 is to be believed. The net suggests that the date has shifted to 2017 now. I seem to recall that new FM stations will be allowed when the existing ones consolidate on DAB. Broadcaster don't like dupplication of costs. So one expects that it will remain fluid.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.