Altea strange happenings

pargyrak

The dealership stated that the aftermarket K&N filter installed was leaking some oil to the MAF.

I replaced the filter with the normal one, cleaned the MAF and no problems since then (20.000Km)

diazaliste

Just in case anyone is interested, I had the same problem with EPC and ESP light coming on and car gone on linping mode.
Call the Stealer in Coventry to booked in and they say inmediatly £ 99.50 for a investigation diagnostic search, a lot of bo....s if you ask me. What it really upset me is the car was sold there, service there and mot there by the prvious owner, according to the paperwork, and they say is not service history for the car there so they have to start from scratch, disgreatful.
So for some reason I decide to call the VW in Coventry town centre, belong to the same group, now this was a completely different company service, really nice and helpfull at £49.00 only, booked me straight away, left the car for a few hours, got a call from the receptionist that the car is ready and fix FOR £49 ONLY.
Basicly the Throttle Controller or acelaretor pedal for us human beings, was dirty. So what ever they find in the first 1 hour for £49 they will fix, if you need parts they ask first and so on so on.
The strip the throttle, reset, reprogramme and test drive, also fix one of my brake lights and did a full test on the car for future advisory fixes.
Those guys are fantastic, so forget to ask anything to the stealer go to the main boss VW dealers and the will do a much better job.

Ps. do we have on the forum were we can do top 10 garages or dealers??

Thank you all for listening

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members