Altea Wiper Blade Cost ?

moditsteve

Hi there just wanting to buy some new front wipers for my altea 06 reg for first time and can't belive that the cheapest I can find is £29 for the pair???

Do you guys know anywhere cheaper?
Thanks

Steve

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Yeah, just buy the refils from David at Sere Motors (member on here). I got both fronts and the rear for about £20 delivered, then it's just a case of replacing the rubbers in the front ones. Takes a few minutes each side. The rear one is a complete wiper though.

moditsteve

I have messaged dave, forgot about him he has helped me in the past, top bloke ta

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
How much are they David?

I think mine are due for a change. I assume it's the same kit for a MY08 Altea XL.

These arent as straightforward as they used to be.
When Leon2/Altea/Toledo3 were launched they all had the same basic blade which the refill fitted no problems.
Since then, SEAT have changed the factory and the replacement blades, more precisely how the rubber is fitted. That means now we cant know for sure if refills will fit.
Ok for us in the workshop as if it doesnt work, we stick on full blades - not so good for you at home with a handful of bits and no wipers :(
The refills are a genuine VAG part, but with no specific application guide.
Worth bearing in mind . . . .
Refills £10 a pair delivered
Full blades £28 a pair delivered

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
These arent as straightforward as they used to be.
When Leon2/Altea/Toledo3 were launched they all had the same basic blade which the refill fitted no problems.
Since then, SEAT have changed the factory and the replacement blades, more precisely how the rubber is fitted. That means now we cant know for sure if refills will fit.
Ok for us in the workshop as if it doesnt work, we stick on full blades - not so good for you at home with a handful of bits and no wipers :(
The refills are a genuine VAG part, but with no specific application guide.
Worth bearing in mind . . . .
Refills £10 a pair delivered
Full blades £28 a pair delivered

Thanks David

Expect an email from me in the next couple of days for the full blades.

moditsteve

new rubbers on front and rear fitted to both mine and my wifes altea, thanks dave:funk:

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
My wipers turned up an Saturday.

Thanks David, lightning fast service as usual.

Kept my 5 yr old busy for about an hour popping all the bubble wrap.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.