Altea XL Pricing

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
Seat Altea XL pricing

DIRECT FROM SEAT TODAYFor immediate release:
25th October 2006
SEAT REVEALS PRICES FOR SUPER-SIZED ALTEA XL
Following its world debut at the Paris Motor Show, UK prices for the new SEAT Altea XL have been announced. Starting at just £12,995 RRP on the road, the family-oriented yet sporty Altea XL forms part of the Altea family, and will arrive in the UK in January 2007. With the Altea XL, SEAT is looking to attract those who love the existing Altea’s appearance and sporty image, but who require even more luggage capacity.
The new range will initially be offered with three engines, the 1.6 102 PS petrol, plus 1.9 TDI 105 PS and 2.0 TDI 140 PS diesels. A short time after launch, the 2.0-litre FSI 150 PS, a new 1.8 T FSI 160 PS and the powerful 2.0-litre TDI 170 PS will also be available.
Standard equipment will be generous, reinforcing SEAT’s reputation for offering great value for money and ‘attainable sportiness’. For example, all models benefit from air conditioning, an MP3 compatible CD player with Aux-In socket (for iPod or other auxiliary device connection), electric front windows, six airbags, and remote central locking.
There is a clear reason why the new model wears the ‘XL’ badge. An increase in length of 18.7 cm results in not only a larger boot capacity (up from 409 to 532 litres) but also in more space and flexibility for occupants. With the rear seats moved forwards by 14 cm, boot capacity is increased to 635 litres – more than all of its competitors. An amazing total luggage capacity of 1,604 litres can be liberated by folding the rear seats down.
Safety is a crucial factor for the family car buyer and, as a member of the Altea range, the Altea XL achieves a full 5 stars in Euro NCAP for passenger protection and 3 stars for pedestrian protection. This makes the Altea XL one of the safest cars on the road.
Altea XL recommended retail pricing:
Model
Power (PS)
RRP on the road
1.6 Reference
£12,995
1.8 T FSI Stylance
£16,295
2.0 FSI Stylance Tiptronic
£17,195
1.9 TDI Stylance
£14,995
2.0 TDI Stylance
£16,895
2.0 TDI Stylance DSG
£17,795
2.0 TDI Stylance
£18,045
(ends)
04406/MO
This news release (and illustration) is issued in accordance with Clause 1.2j of the British Codes of Advertising and Sales Promotion and therefore cannot be the subject of a transaction of any kind

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
oops

OOPS silly me twas my day off yesterday only checked computer just now:doh:

Tell

Staff member
Oh does that mean there won't be an XL part of the board ?. Something to be said for that if problems and issues are all the same, if it's the same model / parts type of thing, but changed around a bit, but then the Toledo gets it's own but then they didn't sell that many of those, bit ugly from the back. Never look at the posts there mind you.

I detect that Altea prices have come down or those list prices didn't include something.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
There maybe a subsection added within Altea if they become common, but then its not like its a different model name.

It would be the same as having a Leon 'Cupra' section, if were being pedantic. Or a Cordoba Vario section.

Tell

Staff member
That's a pretty yellow thing there... one assumes it's a Leon Cupra but then the Altea XL is 18.7 cm longer that's a massive 7.5" longer.... ;). I can't see way Seat don't say we got it wrong with the new Toledo and we've replaced that with the XL and call it an estate as the Telegraph motoring section did or was it the head of Seat designer article published on this site ex head of Lamborghini, think both.

Either way if it shares all the same parts more or less.

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Oh does that mean there won't be an XL part of the board ?. Something to be said for that if problems and issues are all the same, if it's the same model / parts type of thing, but changed around a bit, but then the Toledo gets it's own but then they didn't sell that many of those, bit ugly from the back. Never look at the posts there mind you.

I detect that Altea prices have come down or those list prices didn't include something.

I've got one of those "bit ugly from the back" cars!;)
I reckon that we would get more input from new Toledo owners if the Altea & new Toledo sections were merged (I did suggest this before), as, if I want to find/exchange any info, I always head straight to Altea section! :happy:

John.

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Apparently they are re-designing the Toledo, so it'll be a new car completely, hence why they havn't named the new estate a Toledo.

Well I am not surprised by this news - the Toledo obviously does not sell very well as I hardly ever see any around! - the styling is an aquired taste (or not).
I bought it for the extra boot space, but it was an expensive car, even with the prolonged haggled discount.

There is not doubt (in my opinion) that Seat should have done the Altea XL in place of the Toledo to start with,; having said that, I am happy with mine and it attracts a lot of comment!

John.

Tell

Staff member
That's the article I mentioned... mind you a bit interesting if the Alfa curves [Walter De Silva origin] are now going to be squared off... does that mean it starts to look teutonic neo classical... wait and see. I like the Alfa lines myself.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I guess we'll have to wait until the next round of concept show cars to woo us with their next design angle....

Think Bolero for the Mk1 Leon/Toledo & the Tango/Salsa for the New Leon/Altea

Next design face will be the Mk5 Ibiza I guess...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members