Alternative to coilovers, Koni FSD's

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I popped into Big Boys Toys today to get my revo code updated (cheers guys) and get some confirmed prices on coilovers. After explaining what I wanted and asking what would be the best solution Shaun suggested the new Koni FSD. Basically it’s a sports suspension but with the added advantage that it adjusts to how the cars being driven, when its all going nicely its set to comfort but as soon as you start giving it some balls around the corners it stiffens up to act like a sports suspension.

Now ive been looking at what coilovers to get, but thinking there a bit pointless in the sense that I will only ever really set them up the once then leave them so these konis seem like the better option as the only real advantage people seem to give me about coilovers is there matched.

Whats peoples opinions on these then, id like to here what you think!

WWW.KONI-FSD.COM

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
I was looking at this on VW Vortex last night. The retailer offering them onthere seems to think they are only applicable to cars on standard springs.

Awesome already sell them for the Golf MkV GTI with eibach springs. They mentioned in their October Newsletter that they were now availabel for the Golf Mk IV platform cars. Awesome are also offering a group buy on uk-mkiv's but there doesn't seem to be much interest yet.

I did find a review of them on a BMW 330Ci. The conclusion was that they weren't quite as sporty as a regular Koni damper setup but retained the comfort of the standard dampers.

Last edited:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
if you've no need for coilovers just get a fixed rate suspension kit that is available for the cupra R.
i have the torment of not being able to lower mine much more than 20 mm,so may HAVE to buy coilovers (that i will never adjust)

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
BBT have done me a greats price on them!. I would just to like make sure that they will give me the sporty (for a want of a better word) feel without out much compromise as lets face it the LCR ride isnt set solely for comfort, but I don’t want to lose what I have left