Alternatives to Nextbase Dashcam?

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Having decided it was time to have a dashcam fitted i thought it was settled to go for the NextBase 612GW however....

The firmware used on them embeds the NextBase logo in yellow in the upper left corner of ALL footage. It cannot be turned off unless you use a custom old firmware that you have to contact support directly to get hold of and isn't the up to date version.. It winds me up to think they need to put a free advert on the video and claim its "a decision taken by the sales team to enable us to notice footage that is ours" which denotes ownership of the footage which is wrong and its not theirs at all. That's NextBase struck off the options list.

What decent ones are there out there that don't have video looking like an old camera phone video?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Having decided it was time to have a dashcam fitted i thought it was settled to go for the NextBase 612GW however....

The firmware used on them embeds the NextBase logo in yellow in the upper left corner of ALL footage. It cannot be turned off unless you use a custom old firmware that you have to contact support directly to get hold of and isn't the up to date version.. It winds me up to think they need to put a free advert on the video and claim its "a decision taken by the sales team to enable us to notice footage that is ours" which denotes ownership of the footage which is wrong and its not theirs at all. That's NextBase struck off the options list.

What decent ones are there out there that don't have video looking like an old camera phone video?

Have a look at the BlackVue range. They look stealthy but are a little expensive.
2fca4ce8f859818bb9326f6af58fc393.jpg

I’ve actually moved mine higher now so it sits in the crosshatch area and is effectively hidden behind the mirror except for the light showing it’s working.
25764ef70fbb51737d81d23b690b5b9e.jpg

Reactions: Legojon

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Just had a Blackvue DR900S arrive so will be getting that in the car today just need to find the right place to fit it as I don't have the crosshatch area and the wipers miss the middle top of the screen.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members