Am I being stupid? AUX query

gazmania1

Apologies but all I seem to have posted so far are dull queries, I promise I do love my new car. On that note I have another dull question...

Am I missing something with regards to plugging my MP3 player into the aux socket? I've got a 3.5mm Jack to jack lead and have plugged it all in but when I press the CD/AUX button on the dash it just says NO CD and reverts back to the radio. So it seems like it's not picking it up. The manual makes it seem like it should just pick it straight up when it's all plugged in and turned on so I'm thinking there's something faulty with the socket. I've tried the girlfriends MP3 player and that doesn't work either.

In the manual it says that under the PROG button there should be an option to turn aux on/off but when I press PROG the options stop at REG and there is no aux option.

Anyone shed any light?????

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I had this problem in mine after getting my radio replaced and it was because the radio had not been programmed for having an aux socket when fitted. My dealer fixed this in 10 mins and all was ok.
Once this was sorted when you pressed prog you had the option for aux on or off.

Scotsguard

This might sound silly but have you pressed the CD/Aux button twice?

If I'm listening to the radio and I plug in my phone, I have to press the button twice. Once for the cd, 2nd time puts it to aux.

It doesn't recognise anything automatically when I plug something into the aux socket on mine.

SimonFRTDI

Oct 13, 2009
Bristol
This might sound silly but have you pressed the CD/Aux button twice?

If I'm listening to the radio and I plug in my phone, I have to press the button twice. Once for the cd, 2nd time puts it to aux.

It doesn't recognise anything automatically when I plug something into the aux socket on mine.

as above, if you only press the button once it goes to cd (and will bounce back to radio if no cd in). Hit twice to go to aux mode. It does not recognise when you plug it in as it is only a jack and not a USB.

gazmania1

I've gone onto the 2nd page and the options stop at REG, so no AUX options at all. I've also tried pressing it twice (numerous times in frustration to be honest) and still no joy. It does sound like it's not programmed or has been disabled or something. Sounds like a trip to the dealer. Cheers anyway.

southyjd

Just checking, did you have the volume up on the MP3 Player?

southyjd

But if he has the volume on quiet on the mp3 it wont come through at all on the car speakers. Just something else to try.

chill14

Lodger
Sep 25, 2005
Staffordshire
Gazmania1, did you get this sorted? I have had to have a new head unit in mine today as the last head unit went pop. The Aux socket won't work at all. I realised within minutes that it wasn't so went straight back to dealer. They say the new head unit is faulty, however with the experience and arrogance I have experienced so far with this dealer, I am beginning to think they have not set it up correctly and don't know how to do it.

Did your dealer resolve this? was it a coding issue?

yazmidani

May 18, 2010
Lytham St. Annes
I had the same problem after my headunit was replaced. . .
Plugged in my Ipod and tried finding AUX, nothing. .
Took it back to the dealer and they had it ten mins and came back working, apparently they forgot to switch it on?

Give them a ring, shouldn't take long at all!

rudgey

Mk2 Leon TFSI Sport '06
Jul 2, 2008
near Midland VW ;)
Gazmania1, did you get this sorted? I have had to have a new head unit in mine today as the last head unit went pop. The Aux socket won't work at all. I realised within minutes that it wasn't so went straight back to dealer. They say the new head unit is faulty, however with the experience and arrogance I have experienced so far with this dealer, I am beginning to think they have not set it up correctly and don't know how to do it.

Did your dealer resolve this? was it a coding issue?

You wouldn't be talking about barlows per chance? They are in serious need of :ban: tbqfh!!!

chill14

Lodger
Sep 25, 2005
Staffordshire
You wouldn't be talking about barlows per chance? They are in serious need of :ban: tbqfh!!!

No its Colliers in Acocks Green, Birmingham. I rang Barlows to see if they could check it to see if it was just the case that Colliers had missed something in the coding. As Colliers deal with FIAT, Mazda, Nissan and SEAT all through the same Service dept, i thought this may be possible.

Barlows however don't want to get involved as Colliers have looked at it, so I now have to wait until next Saturday for Colliers to fit another Head unit. :(

I did plug Vag-com in last night to see if I could spot what needed to be activated but the help label in coding only shows CD Changer and Ipod, which if I activate just shows a Fault code as there no changer.

Guess I will just have to wait.

gazmania1

I took mine to the dealers to get sorted and it turned out that mine hadn't been programmed either. There must be one very lazy worker in the Seat factory. Under warranty so took them 10 mins to programme, although being a Seat dealer it wasn't straight foward. They initially said they would have to check the fault because they wanted to check if the previous owner had fitted an aftermarket cd player or anything like that because then they wouldn't do it for free under warranty.

Always nice to be left feeling like you've done something wrong when you visit the dealers!

SLC

No its Colliers in Acocks Green, Birmingham. I rang Barlows to see if they could check it to see if it was just the case that Colliers had missed something in the coding. As Colliers deal with FIAT, Mazda, Nissan and SEAT all through the same Service dept, i thought this may be possible.

Barlows however don't want to get involved as Colliers have looked at it, so I now have to wait until next Saturday for Colliers to fit another Head unit. :(

I did plug Vag-com in last night to see if I could spot what needed to be activated but the help label in coding only shows CD Changer and Ipod, which if I activate just shows a Fault code as there no changer.

Guess I will just have to wait.

Out of interest and pure nosiness how come you went to Birmingham when your location is set to Staffordshire? Isn't there a dealer in Wolverhampton? AFAIK this is just a coding issue and is easily fixed with VCDS - Off hand i can't remember the code numbers but i will try and find them out for you.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.