Am I mad ? Looking at Mk3 Toledo's ?

Adrian888

I bought my Toledo at the weekend having realised the Altea boot was bit too small for our needs and the XL out of price range. Was also looking at Octavia estates, Tourans and a couple of others. Had spent much of last week trawling the auctions and anything of forecourt quality in a diesel was going for very strong money, especially Octavias/Golfs/a3's etc. So ended up buying the Tolly from a forecourt, '06 plate, 1 owner, FSSH, 99k miles, heated leather, sunroof, 2.0TDi Sport, DSG, mint, full MOT, 6 months tax, warrantied. Only fault is the raised boot floor is missing. My 'ex' used to sell SEAT a few years ago and the Toledo was nigh on impossible to shift with the dealers often selling them for less than the Altea just to get them off the over age stock list. Paid £4600 which is a fair price considering the dealer is in business to make money. Probably would have got it for @£4k at auction plus buyers premium of @ £350.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
I dunno why but I suddenly want one of these. Even though they look like a bit of an old bus from the side. I don't mind the back end too much, and the 2.0 TDI sport SE ticks alot of options boxes, there's one on auto trader on a 57 plate for 7K with not bad mileage. Much cheaper than the equivalent golf estate, and less badge stigma than a skoda octavia.

Nov 15, 2010
Harrogate, England
I also don't quite understand the point of the mark 3 toledo. They had the hatchback Leon, the people carrier Altea, why not stick with a saloon in the range? If I see a SEAT badge, I really struggle to see at first glance whether its a Leon, Altea or Toledo as it goes past.

It does seem that they are destined for the same resale value as the mark 2 Toledo's. Which is by no means a bad thing, but it really needs to be someone else taking the big hit, and you picking it up for peanuts. And then you get alot of car with VAG underpinnings (and faults unfortunately) for less than the equivalent Golf. I still struggle to comprehend just how little money I got my Mark 2 V5 for, and according to Parkers its actually about right!!!

Oh yeah, and typically a good diesel will cost more than the equivalent petrol. But an automatic is also worth more than a manual, go figure!!

I think thats now called the Exeo!

desmaxsum

Get One Bought

Great fun cars with lots of room and plenty of potential, look at mine and what can be done!!!! She's in for ethanol kit next week and then a service but I love it what a motor, shame I'm currently contemplating selling it :cry:... That's what happens when you split form the missus....

Got some nice 18" RS rims for sale if you do get one and they have been refurbed in a nice ghost chrome look the dogs!!!!

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
That's the thing I don't really even need a big car! And this thing seems pretty huge. I like how cheap it is, and the spec, and the estate-but not estate looks. I think the mistake they made with the mk3 was to base it on the altea instead of the leon. A low-slung version of the same car with a leon roofline would have been a far more attractive proposition I think.

what size tyres do the 18s on the Sport SE take?

desmaxsum

Wheels & Tyres

My RS Rims were clad with 225/40 18's as in my pictures but the rims that I'm currently running are on 215/35 18's.
Personal pref really the 215's are stretched over the rims and give very little in the way of comfort but the handling is awesome!!![B)]

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
225/40s sound right to keep the correct rolling radius. Just wondering how much £££ a set of boots is gonna cost if I ever have to change em. Got 195/50/15s on the cordoba and they're about £40 a throw for a decent make. Look crap though, totally lost in the arches! :shrug:

desmaxsum

I currently can get the lower end maked tyres for £65 a corner, currently I run Falken @ £135 a corner however I am considering the new Avon which is a little harder compound and are currently at £100 a corner but Just Tyres are doing a deal with lifetime warranty on the Avons aswell and if they cant repair you get a new one F.O.C:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise