AMD Stage 1 or Bluefin or Revotune

Karl w

Apr 24, 2008
Hi All,

Need some feed back on the above for my K1.

Car is standard at the moment and im looking at keeping the clutch standard as its a daily driver.

Got prices from AMD, and Backdraft but dont know much about Bluefin. Not sure i like installing Bluefin if its not going on Laptop to check it out or Rolling Road

Any help would be great.

Last thing i might do is fit an ITG

Cheers

Karl

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Tried Bluefin and ran it for 3 months and have now sold it.
I think that says it all.
On my previous FR I ran Revo and would say if your mapping a TFSI Revo all the way.
Obviously my opinion

Nov 15, 2011
I an at this stage but have got an intake might just save up and buy turbo back exhaust with Decat downpipe and then high flow fuel pump and go stage 2 straight away or go stage 1 first.

Have heard that p-torque remaps are good too, an going to see what amd Essex recommend?

Poverty

APR, dont live with flat spots.

Also APR flashes come fully loaded, so cheaper than the likes of revo in the long run as you dont have to pay to upgrade to stage 2 or stage 2 plus.

Also its switchable via the cruise control stalk, meaning you dont need to buy a sps box etc.

Security, valet mode, max perfomance mode, milder map mode etc.

Dale_tem

Feb 9, 2012
Poverty - you can switch between remaps? Is that a standard feature?

What is the process involved in changing map?

It sounds extremely interesting!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
If I wasn't on Revo I would consider APR now (if I was to start over)...

REVO serves me well for the time being especially with no flat spots (yet)

Also smooth delivery from the linear map ;)

Last edited:

Poverty

Poverty - you can switch between remaps? Is that a standard feature?

What is the process involved in changing map?

It sounds extremely interesting!

Erm well I havent used it myself yet, but you can switch between maps using your cruise control stalk somehow. Some sort of sequence, need to find out how actually, but because my car is running a development file, I havent got that feature on my car yet.

Left foot braking is something APR offer aswell and I think linear maps are now on the cards too. Basically APR are making UK specific maps, and the vice president of APR is asking us UK users on the forums what we want, and hes delivering.

Poverty

If I wasn't on Revo I would consider APR now (if I was to start over)...

REVO serves me well for the time being especially with no flat spots (yet)

Also smooth delivery from the linear map ;)

Know what you mean mate, the revo maps are strong on the 2.0tfsi, and the only map I would have considered for the 2.0TFSI till APR came out with their v3 map!

Dale_tem

Feb 9, 2012
Very interesting! Like the idea of left foot braking, used to do that in my hf Turbo, getting the Turbo on boost.

Have emailed them for a price.

Poverty

Very interesting! Like the idea of left foot braking, used to do that in my hf Turbo, getting the Turbo on boost.

Have emailed them for a price.

deffo worth a shout, and if you are near milton keynes where the HQ is, maybe try their Golf R demo car before you buy, just ring them up before hand to see when its available.

Karl w

Apr 24, 2008
Thanks for the info.

So those that had Bluefin what was it you dis-liked about it?

Does sound like going other routes is best option but running standard clutch and was told Bluefin was a possible milder option to save the clutch life.

At the end of the day the heart tells me REvo

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks for the info.

Does sound like going other routes is best option but running standard clutch and was told Bluefin was a possible milder option to save the clutch life.

Have a double check with APR mate (you mite get a very decent price at the moment...)

Karl w

Apr 24, 2008
Not checked them out but so many people are saying how good they are. Where are they based?

FR_Kris

Thanks for the info.

If you have never had a mapped seat before and don't want to have warranty issues then bluefin is perfect, I've had revo in the past and just feel that something is missing with the bluefin. Would I use it again? Yes I might hold on to it for a bit I'm still undecided

Lee M

Erm well I havent used it myself yet, but you can switch between maps using your cruise control stalk somehow. Some sort of sequence, need to find out how actually, but because my car is running a development file, I havent got that feature on my car yet.

I think you put it into settings mode via the cruise control, and use a sequence of flashed from the ecu dashboard light in line with the apr instructions, to change your settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise