AMK engine not making requested boost

No3ntry

I have a 2001 AMK with stage 1 custom code and have recently taken it to JBS for a fault code i keep getting (17705) that puts it into limp mode on cold mornings.

Also the MAF reading on VAG-COM gives me 182g/s on a log and JBS tell me that it is requesting 1.4 Bar but only making 1.2 Bar
JBS also tell me that all vac/boost hoses seem to be ok with no leaks.
suggested it was either the turbo or CAT (also getting a 16804, but has passed MOT emissions today no prob)

I rang C&R in Nottingham and his over the phone diagnosis is that he thinks most likely a boost leak (JBS tell me they will nost presurise the system up as it can damage the seals in the turbo)

i have just read over on Audi forums that a boost leak would normally mean not making requested boost BUT MAF should still read ~200g/s

Can you guys give me any more info on this please, as I would like my car to run at its full potential without getting raped by garages left right and centre.

Cheers
James

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you dont have to pressurise the turbo, if you do the main charge pipe and Ic sections
low pressure into the TIP is ok, but only low pressure.

No3ntry

does this sound like a boost leak though if the MAF is only reading ~180 g/s ?

br0wny21

you got any other fault codes off vag com? ive got a 17705 and thats a boost leak if you've got a spilt-r dump valve on atomshepric not recirclating that normally does it or it could be your dump valve if you've still got the standard one on mite aswell think simple first instead of thinkin turbo's etc

No3ntry

I was getting 17705 in cold weather, but now the weather has improved it's not giving me that one any more.

I have taken the standard DV off to take a look at it, and it is holding a vacuum fine (finger over end)

James

br0wny21

you still standard i would buy a 007p dump valve mate especially if youve had it remapped i thought who ever mapped it would reconmend a upgraded dumpper id put my money on the dump valve mate if not least you have a new dump valve then you can start lookin more into it