Amp and shelf speaker install

kartdemon

OK. Decided to upgrade the sound system in my Leon Cupra R.

Misses has a CTR and the sound from that just pees all over my Leon so decided to replicate. She has a Alpine amp and just some rear parcel shelves. All that her amp is powering is the rear parcel shelf speakers. However her head unit does not have any pre-outs so not sure how the amp is wired. I guess just coming off the rear speaker wires.

Anyway so bought myself a Dub 575watt amp and a pair of Vibe SEK69 speakers. Very nice construction so hope it will be ok. I have all the cabling so ready to do it tomorrow. Its all getting wired up to my Alpine 9815RB which has pre-outs. These are the questions I have.

1) Does anyone know the best way to route the power cables through the bulk head on my Leon MK1?

2) Would I better off disconnecting my factory rear speakers?

3) Anything else I need to know or have missed?

Thanks

kartdemon

remote would be on the wiring loom for the headunit anyway if its an aftermarket one and would be best taken from there

Yes, The head unit has the remote on lead. So that bit is nice and easy.

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
if its factory fit HU youll have to disconnect the rear speakers if your using a line output converter or youll damage the HU onboard amp.

kartdemon

Well got it all setup today. Cables are all nicley hiden. Nothing special but not done it before and sounds soo much better. I have also disconnected the factory speakers in the rear which deffo makes it all sound better.

The only thing I don't understand is how to setup all the various options on the amp and the xcross over point on the amp. Soooo many settings on this Alpine 9815RB. I ain't got a clue.

Any audiophiles in Basingstoke? I am sure it could sound better. Also had to get a subression unit as there was a engine whining sound coming from the speakers.

Anyone fancy a play with the settings? The HU also has a switch on the top to change from 3 way to another option :drool:

Thanks.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.