Amplifying stock speakers and adding a sub? Ibiza FR 06

JamesIbiza

Oct 5, 2018
Hey

I know very little about car audio but have been doing some research, I would be hugely grateful if somebody could tell me if this looks all good before I go shopping. Just got the car recently and I love it.

2006 Seat Ibiza FR TDI, 3 door

I have a stock alana mp3/aux headunit, with steering controls; plus an aux input by the handbrake, ideally I don't want to start messing around with this! So I was thinking..

JBL club 4505 5 channel amp, high level inputs, 45 watt rms X 4 + 320w RMS X 1 at 4ohms

Splice into the speaker wires behind the stereo, send speaker wires to the amp, then from amp back to original factory wiring, hence amplifying the stock speakers at 45rms each(?) and attaching a sub to the 5th channel. My thinking is that way I can add a sub immediately and install new door speakers at a later date, plus seems like it would be easy enough to do unless I'm missing something . And I'll just have the gain on the amp low until I've replaced speakers.

Or should I just splice in a line out converter behind the stereo, and simply add a sub and amp, forgetting about the speakers.

I have no idea what effect amplifying factory speakers at 45w rms per channel would have, or if I can even really do what I am planning.

Massive thanks if anyone can give me advice, tried searching everywhere but found nothing useful. Cheers!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.