An Ibiza one make series

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I stumbled across this the other day when looking for images in Google. I'd never heard of it before. It appears to be a Dutch SEAT Cupra series but with Ibizas instead of Leons like most of Europe. Looking at the list of drivers, there are two for every car. So either they do driver changes or they have two races and they do one each.

deelnemers.jpg

Last edited:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I'm sure Richard at Forge mentioned something about that when I was there. If my memory serves me correct and it doesn't often, then they've got PD130 engines in there with the PD150 ecus...

Hmm. Just had a look at the page and the top pic clearly shows a big FMIC, so I wonder if it's the PD160 engine anyway if it's a diesel? :shrug:

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
A one make diesel series? Not a very common thing, there should definitely be more of them. I think there was one somewhere (Germany or Holland) for Alfa 147s, but apart from that I don't know of any others.

I'd be interested to know what the specs of the cars are like. Whether they are production spec or have had a bit more work done to them. That engine would be good for the likes of Zandvoort and Assen, pulling out of the tight hairpins.

It looks like WTCC Seat driver Tom Coronel presents the TV coverage for it. His fiancee is down as driving one of the cars. The Dutch/Scottish woman Paulien Zwart, daughter of the Ascari owner Klaas.

Edit: Found some specs on the engine.

Last edited:

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
in english
u can guess the most 1896 capacity 4 cylinder 2 valves per cylinder 160 bhp yaadda yadda

but the Voorremmen (front brakes i think) 290mm? and Achterremmen (rears)230mm, and 15 inch wheels ,

why they not use the seat sport stuff

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members