An idea for those with multi-page build / Readers ride threads

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
How about putting a 'key moment' list in the first post with links to pages of significant changes / information?

It might be a lot of work, but it would help those who want an overview of the project without wading through pages of chat.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
The trouble is that URL linking the post only brings up the single post, not a bookmark in the thread.

Also, people put 'see page 10' - which is confusing for those with the forum set to view 40 posts/page - where it's probably page 5.......

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
For example.

This is a single post in your Readers Ride thread. Single Post

Now in the top right of that single post is another link (back to the parent thread)

So to use it as a bookmark, post in the url of that top right link.

BOOKMARK EXAMPLE

It's a bit longwinded but you could setup a list of significant bookmarks quite easily in the first post.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Ahh, yes, the top 'thread title' link.

Yes, as I say it's a bit long winded, but it's the simplest solution unless there is some available forum hack to do this. The more forum hacks you have though, the more difficult it is come upgrade time, because you have to wait for your hack developers to catch up.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yes basically the thread starter, can setup a bookmark link to sections of their threads. Effectively setting up a timeline of events in their first post.

But obviously it requires a bit of nous to get the correct links as I've shown in the examples above.

As i say there maybe hacks available that automate the process, but we try to limit the amount of hacks we use.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.