And who says you can't get good mpg in a mk2 what do you get

crossedmike

Well as well know I have a mk2 and a big thing everyone mentions is mpg and how it's bad I mean I noticed on the way back from cpop I go 39.4 mpg and that got me asking what else do others get I mean I have a full system and Decat with a nicely serviced engine

d44955aa.jpg
I

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
I can average 39 or so on a decent run, if im just using it a couple of times in the week to go local it can drop out to about 34 or so, but all in all its not too shabby, tbh.
:D

crossedmike

Haha average runs for me is like 29 no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get 40 :( did u make it back in one piece four wheeled haha

crossedmike

Haha I had doubts about that dent but still retaining air I shall perform CPR (carefully pummel rim) on it to morrow seebif I can get it straight or round which ever it is haha

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
That is one serious ding on that rim.
although I ve got a small chunk out of one of mine, but as long as its the right side of the tyre-bead, your ok with these things for a short while.

crossedmike

Ye I no it's so annoying I mean my gyres aren't low profile they standard so it would do it to most people allys or steelies that's the worst thing

crossedmike

Press the button on the washer stalk at the top along the right hand LCD display it oil temp speed mpg loads :)

crossedmike

the most ive had is 39.7mpg! like you though mike i couldnt get 40 lol. My average is between 28-34 and i give it a bootfull quit regular :D

My foot is like lead haha it ain't light and the exaust sound makes me push harder lol

starkygti

Aug 26, 2009
44.2 on a run from kent to somerset well impressed usually only see it around the 30 mark maybe a little bit under but i blame my exhaust for that lol

toddygti

Sep 9, 2007
Folkestone, Kent
about the town its about 28-32, motorway back from southampton was nearer 47 (was doing 55ish most of the way coz of traffic) Plus, being a Cordy, I'm carrying more weight so I was quite impressed.

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Mike, mine was exactly the same on way back from CPOP :) overall average this weekend over 450miles ish was 37.0,probably would've been better had we not sat on the M40/M4 for 2hrs ish....most i've ever had i think was about 40.1 but MFA's are notorious liars!

as a side note, car was tramlining and pulling like a mofo on Thursday in the heavy winds etc on the way to birmingham,was quite a hairy drive....was sure i could hear an intermittent knock as well somewhere around front offside but as it was occasional couldn't be definite. Myles checked my wheel bolts on Saturday,everyones now paranoid i think! :) and lo n behold the front ones offside had worked loose. torqued them up and knock has disappeared and the drive home was a much more pleasant experience

kiwigti

i took a photo this morning of my mpg @ 44.1 but went up to just under 46. was quite impressed

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.