And who says you can't get good mpg in a mk2 what do you get

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
He we go guys, sticking to the honours code of no resets, first one is to the full tank, a week in the cotswolds and not hanging around.........

Photo0201.jpg

Second one was exactly £10 of fuel and again not driving miss daisy. Although I did have a nice big fast van clear all the air out of my way on the way home today.

Photo0205.jpg

Trip computers reset each time and fuel down to the red line at the bottom of guage.

On a good day my GTi can make a diesel look thirsty.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
managed 32.2 yestaday but that was around town :D rather happy! changes at 2000 rpm nice and gentle

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
He we go guys, sticking to the honours code of no resets, first one is to the full tank, a week in the cotswolds and not hanging around.........

Photo0201.jpg

Second one was exactly £10 of fuel and again not driving miss daisy. Although I did have a nice big fast van clear all the air out of my way on the way home today.

Photo0205.jpg

Trip computers reset each time and fuel down to the red line at the bottom of guage.

On a good day my GTi can make a diesel look thirsty.

So thats 400 miles to a tank??? :wtf:

Deleted member 32025

Get 45-55 mpg out of mine, not really surprising since its a dirty diesel. Like the white clocks above!

Mine doesn't have a built in mpg calculator like that?

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Yup can even go for the white clocks too, the rev range just won't be right as the limiter on the diesel will hit around 4.5k.

Maybe the high spec MK3 golf TDi's came with an MFA that would be a straight swap with the clocks?

Deleted member 32025

Yeah, i've looked into getting the white clocks before and not really got very far.

I'm not sure about the mk3 golf, are the dials the same on those? I'm taking you have to wire and mount the MFA somewhere in the engine bay? Or does the ecu already calculate it?

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
The ecu calculates most of it anyway. I'll try and find some more info about doing it. I know when GTV did his he kept the original coloured clocks.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
33-38mpg normally (depending on traffic)
got 39mpg to brummy's house :)

getting 42-45mpg on motorway, woop woop :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.