AndrewJB's daily MK1 Leon FR+ TDI

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Car had a "decent" service history but checked the pollen filter and fuel filter the other day and they looked disgusting so time to take them all out!

Usually I go to TPS and get all the parts (just like my MK2's and MK3) but my local TPS is refusing to deal with customers again at the moment, so 60% off code was used at GSF.

fa7dOtXl.jpg

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Pollen filter lovely and clean
zZ1RJ38l.jpg

Oil filter
MWjnVuCl.jpg

Air filter not super bad but out it comes anyway
gjVGmrXl.jpg

old fuel fiter, forgot to take photo of new clean one
e8qu36kl.jpg

Used an unopened bottle of Quantum (from TPS) 5litre oil I had left over from when turbo blew on my old MK2 Golf TDI.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Found somebody locally breaking an LCR so got some goodies!

6YPUDPu.jpg

XERQgVR.jpg

bZJMOpz.jpg

dbZ2iZA.jpg

KIjOJpd.jpg

Hopefully going bake later for seat's, steering wheel and possibly headliner.

Reactions: Yellow fr

lightup

May 27, 2019
yeah i had the same with the steering wheel. looking good man. wish the LCR was more common over here.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
So my exhaust started rattling/banging yesterday, Inspected it today and the old owner has bodged it, the exhaust hanger has snapped so they have welded a jubilee clip to it, that has now snapped off and also the exhaust rubber has snapped.

uWerfcB.jpg

I have ordered the new rubber (it also comes with a clamp) for £7 now on the search for a decent FR or Cupra R backbox (eventually going to straight through it anyway)

4x new jacking point covers, have attempted to spray them myself, don't look too bad but ain't 100% happy with them.

vEapCoI.jpg

Hopefully picking up 4x LCR black wheels tomorrow.