AndrewJB's daily MK1 Leon FR+ TDI

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I work fast haha
Now that I see them on the car I actually prefer the old ones, as they go better with the car colour. Think black works best with Red or White.

b83JjPM.jpg

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I think its because the tyres look dirty and centre caps are black as well at moment. Think will look better when centre caps are new again.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Finally got round to sorting the exhaust out! the TDI backbox hanger had snapped and was resting/knocking on the rear axle.
HW3mEBd.jpg

After a few weeks found this for sale cheap with a broken hanger as well.
GaJDcKp.jpg

On it goes, not quite as loud as was hoping for but looks 100% better!
q1H0jw8.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I think this is proof that they're called dirty diesels for a reason haha exhaust looks loads better!

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Got really bored of the knackered rear suspension causing the car to bounce around everywhere!

these arrived today
omDGFhY.jpg

waiting for new rear top mounts and also new front polybush mounts.

Reactions: Yellow fr

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
So have been doing a bit of logging last couple of days, the car with a "Stage 1.5" map on it from a company called Ecomax.

The car has always felt a bit sluggish over 3000rpm so wondered if it had a boost leak so did some logging.
zeiSf1s.jpg

Can see its not making requested boost so initially thought we have a leak.

Anyway dragged the file off with MPPS and sent it to my mate and discovered its requesting more boost that safe to on a stock PD150 turbo, also the start of injection was dangerously high amongst other things.

Mate sent me a "test" file which is a lot safer and graph looks a lot better, its still got that inital spike but its better and is holding almost requested boost. He's going to work on the file next few days to smooth that dip out!
0qRpaOZ.png

Car is also in for new suspension today
58XT6nl.jpg

Reactions: bigT's lcr

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
more LCR parts
before
SrGzarPm.jpg

after#
mqYztQXm.jpg

Going to put some black liquid shoe polish on it to tidy it up and get the red stripe redone in a few days.

Reactions: Yellow fr

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
more LCR parts
before
SrGzarPm.jpg

after#
mqYztQXm.jpg

Going to put some black liquid shoe polish on it to tidy it up and get the red stripe redone in a few days.
How durable is the shoe polish when applied to the steering wheel? I can imagine it to come off very quickly

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
How durable is the shoe polish when applied to the steering wheel? I can imagine it to come off very quickly

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

not really sure, its already got normal parade gloss on there but its not dark enough.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The most commonly used steering wheel leather quick fix is the liquid Cherry Blossom polish.
Give the wheel a real good clean, ideally with some alcohol wipes or similar to get rid of all the oily residue.
I usually apply a nice thick coat, let that dry for a while then maybe another 2 lighter coats then leave to dry overnight before driving it.
It will dramatically improve the appearance although bare in mind it'll feel kinda tacky for a day or two but the more you use it the more it goes to a nicer tactile surface.
If done properly it should last a few months before it needs redoing again.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.