Angel eyes 93-96 & 96-99 different?

nekholm

I've got the same angel eyes as you guys are looking at, for my -95 Ibiza. On the importer's website it says 93-00.. Anyway, they're very nice, only problem is that you can't really see the rings in the daylight, has to be quite dark to see them. Those 3 small lights you see though.

ibiangeleyes.jpg

angelsinthedark.jpg

Mckellar

i dont think this has actually answered the basic question lol

*these lights are said 93-99 but so far we have 2 people with pre-facelifts on them, now we need someone to buy them post 96*

:D

EssexIbiza1985

Oct 18, 2006
yeh apparently they come with a little rubber knob bit which you have to fit on the back of the units if its a pre facelift and take em off if they post facelift. or the other way round.

jasonwinslow

Mk2 16v GTi
Apr 4, 2008
Bournemouth
Ok, I have a '98 post-facelift 16v GTi and am replacing morrette front lights with either GTi headlights or ideally black angel eyes. However, after much seaching I can only find silver ones for the post-facelift version other than German ebay... which as we all know are LHD.

Now, as I am also replacing the grille piece and surround and it seems they definately fit the pre-facelift, could I simply fit a pre-facelift grille surround piece (not sure if there's a word to describe that bit!) and solve the pre/post-facelift problem of fitting angel eyes to a mk2??!

Any ideas?! :confused:

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
i think the grill suround you have will be ok. its the side of the lamps that are different. they have a plastic filler piece as the indicators are different size pre and post.

SofaGeeza

*I'M FEMALE!!!!*
Nov 4, 2007
Somerset
I have a 97 GTi 16v (think its the post facelift :confused: ) I have the chrome angel eyes :( is there anyway of painting them black??? Coz i HATE them chrome and can't find black ones anywhere!
Any help appreciated :D

rich-t

Jul 30, 2003
leeds
Visit site
Ok, I have a '98 post-facelift 16v GTi and am replacing morrette front lights with either GTi headlights or ideally black angel eyes. However, after much seaching I can only find silver ones for the post-facelift version other than German ebay... which as we all know are LHD.

Now, as I am also replacing the grille piece and surround and it seems they definately fit the pre-facelift, could I simply fit a pre-facelift grille surround piece (not sure if there's a word to describe that bit!) and solve the pre/post-facelift problem of fitting angel eyes to a mk2??!

Any ideas?! :confused:

i have the black one's for sale mate but i'm out of the country till december, i could try and see if i could get anyone back home to dig them out;)

jasonwinslow

Mk2 16v GTi
Apr 4, 2008
Bournemouth
I have a 97 GTi 16v (think its the post facelift :confused: ) I have the chrome angel eyes :( is there anyway of painting them black??? Coz i HATE them chrome and can't find black ones anywhere!
Any help appreciated :D

Only place I can find is German ebay! Even then they won't definately fit from what I can work out from other peoples thoughts here. People have got black angel eyes on post-facelifts like us but no-one seems to know how it's done & where they are from... :shrug:

:help:

SofaGeeza

*I'M FEMALE!!!!*
Nov 4, 2007
Somerset
I found some on the for sale section here a short while ago for the mk2 (didn't say pre or post) i've PM'd the guy several times but no reply as yet :(
I have everything else dark, back lights, side repeaters, mesh, alloys and then god awful chrome angel eyes that stick out like a sore thumb!! (check avatar)
Will keep looking and post up here if I find anything.......

rich-t

Jul 30, 2003
leeds
Visit site
Off of a post-facelift Mk2?! Yes please!!!!!!!

I could actually kiss you right now :funk:

Hahaha :whistle:

well you could try but i'll in new zealand:drool:

i got mine from germany and the were for leftys but you can convert them for right hand drive but it's a lot of DIY, mine was a post face lift on a 99 plate fitted them and they went through a mot ok, then took them off till i sorted the rest of what i was going to do to it then ended up selling and going to canada for a year. so i've got a few bits going for the mk2:confused: i know life story lol:blink:

jasonwinslow

Mk2 16v GTi
Apr 4, 2008
Bournemouth
Right, done a wee bit of research and asked a few places if there was a difference between post/pre-facelift angel eyes for mk2 ibizas.

The only place to respond yet is www.ultimatestyling.com who said;

"Hi yes these will fit, the headlights and indicators were differant on the pre face lift and post face lift car, but as these headlights are both headlight & indicator in one unit they do fir both models.

Any other questions call our office,

Regards, Ultimate Styling"

The only problem is they don't stock black only chrome... but am right in thinking as long as the headlight and indicator is in the same unit it will fit both pre- and post- mk2s? i.e. all of the angel eyes I have seen?! :confused:

I hope so :funk: but even then the only place is German ebay and therefore a RHD conversion :doh:

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
dodgy halfrauds bulbs, LHD ebay special lights, and HIDS do my fricking head in. Even BMWs Mercs with there standard xenon does my head in lol. its overkill for dipped beam i think. main beam yeah ok fair enough

maybe im just getting old and grumpy, :doh:

SofaGeeza

*I'M FEMALE!!!!*
Nov 4, 2007
Somerset
Only Mk2 Angel eyes on ebay are chrome, went to the sellers shop and no black ones :( I did find ones to fit the Mk3 Golf (I think thats the VW that matches the Mk2 :confused: ) Maybe they would work :shrug:

adam.bernau

Hi yall,
first of all, please pardon my english! Im not so skilled but I hope its ok!
I have been watching this forum for very long time and now I became a registered member finaly! ;-)
I have my beeza GTi16V - S2N and I need a new lights aswel!
But I realy dislike these you all talk about, because they are quiete ugly on a car a everybody have em!

What about FK lights! They looks like original but clean, A-E, splited and definitely much nicer.
Check em out and tell me what you think!
FKFSSE003.jpg

And at end... they are for 94-96 but only difference what I am know about(because I own both) is between 94-97 and 98(98 are smaller).
So I think it going to fit!

Anyone have em?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.