angel tuning ???????

jaz205gti

Jan 1, 2009
im thinking of a remap I know performance torque is pretty famous on this site however angle tuning have some pretty impressive figures 0-60 on a remapped 130 Ibiza around 7.2 sec
Has anybody used them? they even come out to you all for £275.

angeltuning.co.uk

I don’t see why other tuners don’t put theses figures on their sites (before and after times )

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Yeh mate ive used them on my 08 plate ibiza fr tdi. I was pretty apprehensive about doing it, but the car runs like a dream, much smoother and responsive. The remap is advertised at 180 bhp gain. But in actual fact gains are just under 190bhp in general, due to 130 pd's kickin out on average 140-150bhp standard, and 300 odd foot pound of torque. THe good thing about the angel map is it isnt just one big kick at 1900rpm, the car behaves progresively almost like a petrol motor nd revs up to the red line with ease, it is great! 0-60 times on these cars are pretty irrelevant as its a mid range monster. But after a lot of 0-60 testing they are running early 7's and in some cases late 6's. You'll also get a 5-10 mph greater top end. Again pretty pointless bit of info as that will never really mater. Let's just say gettin higher up the speed dial takes a whole lot less time. Thumbs up from me.

jaz205gti

Jan 1, 2009
did they come out to you? did they dyno run it?
so what sort of cars are you keeping up with? with all that mid range thump?
thanks

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Nah i went to them mate, cost me £250, they themselves never rolling roaded my car however they showed me revies on fabia vrs, and ibiza fr/sports gains, minimum 179 i think.... on one of the cars, and i think there was a few that kicked over the 190 on the rolling road, i did however get a rolling road done locally, which cost a bit of a fortune for a bit of paper lol, mine kicks out 187bhp and 309 ftlbs of torque. EMmmm ive had a few goes against different cars (on private roads obviously). My m8 has a seat ibiza cupra petrol 180, and weve had a lot of extended goes against each other, against him i always pull away a couple of car lengths, and in a relatively straight road he'll keep within the 2 car lengths, however coming off roundabouts and taking over you then begin to see the difference and the remapped fr pulls away further, also up hill i have a good edge over him. Civic type r (old shape) you will take in the mid range, after 115-120 they catch back up and take you. CLio 182 is a hard one, they are fast wee cars, up hill u will have them. i found mid range u have the edge but both putting foot flat down after 80 its even stevens. Standard fabia vrs (friends car) u will have not a lot of bother with, same goes for c2 vts, fiesta st. In my experience.

jaz205gti

Jan 1, 2009
cool mate good answer.
so basicly a maped 130 ibiza will be on par with type r's, 172s and gtis in mid range
impressive and still return 50mpg
i need to get this gone !

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Yeh it's a really good thing, ur car (if driven normally will get a slightly higher mpg). All the cars u stated will be beaten in the mid range. i take it by "gti" u mean the golf gti. If its the new golf i have no idea how it will get on against it as never had the experience, if its the old 150bhp golf u will p**s all over it. Again 172 i havnt had a chance at. However with racing the 182 and overall being pretty even i suspect u will beat a 172 probs not by a lot. Type R is a high reving beast which u will give a BIG scare up to a point however the highly tuned V tec engine seems to have a new lease of life after 100. Just a bit of mechanical advice for you mate. Lots of people state "you WILL need a new clutch/fly wheel" With a bit of mechincal empathy this need not be the case as soon as everyone suggests. 1. Don't hover your foot over the clutch pedal when driving
2. Don't continuously boot the A**E out of it <2000rpm
Hope this helps mate, as ive said other people may have different opinions, if you have any other queries or questions feel free to ask. Cheers

jaz205gti

Jan 1, 2009
well my clutch is still oringnal and iv got 103k
iv got slight problem my cars little lumpy when cold , but when i press the clutch it goes, is that the flywheel as stated my another member? will a remap cause furture problems to it?
thats the only thing im worried about i know its around £700 job for clutch and fly

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Ah right ok mate. 103k for the engine is absolutly no problem lol they will be tight for 250k. So ur engine if well maintained will be fine with the map. The lumpy feel u mention is most probably ur flywheel. Obviously its hard to say without feeling it. If im honest putting the map on will put added pressure to ur components, and at 103k standard ur usually looking at a new clutch anyway, getting the map will "if components are already on there way out", quicken the life they have left. You will most probably have to either get a new standard clutch and flywheel or uprate to a sachs clutch and flywheel, advantages to this are you can further modify your cars tuning potential and the new clutch and flywheel will easily hold it, disadvantages are the cost is about £700 fitted on the button. i believe standard one to cost £300 odd fitted. So in reality if im honest you will be spending at least £600 for the gain. But believe me it will transform what is a powerful small car to a wolf in sheeps clothing. Anyways m8 i am away to the gym but if u have any other questions, that you think i can maybe help you with reply back and ill be back on about an hour odds cheers

jaz205gti

Jan 1, 2009
cool yeah my car has fsh engine is good , and yeah 100k is the standard for the clutch/flywheel.
£300 is that for just the standard clutch? im guess fly would be a added extra.

my local garage quoted me for clutch and fly at £500 that was for standard. as he said that would be the best option over sachs?

i want it done but i also want a 330ci i can only have one or the other lol !!!

gus

Jun 27, 2006
sel the seat get the 330ci im in that boat aswell but my car is already remapped. it is totally fun i have to admit and a,lot of people are vey shcoked with the power it has, the bmw is in a different league so it really matters what ur looking for in a car ;-)

330ci VERY JUICYYYYYYYYYYYYY

k2sse

Apr 13, 2009
Angel tuning

Just had my leon 2 1.9 tdi 105bhp remapped by paul at angel tuning in troon and it has transformed the whole car no flat spots smooth linear power delivery no smoke and a great price. These guys are friendly, will answer any questions you might have and clearly know their stuff. Having messed around with various tuning boxes previously dragon, & van aaken that didnt work well at all on the euro 4 1.9 105bhp this remap is really in a different league. I pondered long and hard on a remap. Dont think about it do it you wont be dissapointed

k2sse

Apr 13, 2009
RE ANGEL TUNING REMAP 1.9 TDI 105 BHP

hi havent been on dyno but its easily as quick as a 2.0 tdi 140 only other mod is green panel filter remap has transformed car, ive had 1.9tdi`s in various guises for years was seriously unimpressed by latest euro 4 spec version tried various tuning boxes with dire results since remap torque is seriously improved far more drivable, smooth and quick, also got rid of major flat spot overtaking is no longer a worry anymore and best of all better MPG!!!!!!

like i said i thought about it for a long time, best cash ive spent on any car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members