Angle Sensor

viper911

Nov 24, 2017
Can anyone tell me which way round the angle sensor fitted in the steering rack goes. I cant find info anywhere

viper911

Nov 24, 2017
I'm led to believe the answer is somewhere in the stickies but after a lot of searching cant find it. all I need to know is which way up it goes.

viper911

Nov 24, 2017
just been searching again. It could be called the steering sensor g250 if that helps

Last edited:

viper911

Nov 24, 2017
So I take it absolutely know one knows which way up the sensor goes

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Same way you rmove the old one.

Or search on ebay for steering racks and see the way it is.

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z017D através de Tapatalk

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Same way you rmove the old one.

Or search on ebay for steering racks and see the way it is.

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z017D através de Tapatalk

Like dm222 says, no one removes bits without logging which way round they were fitted originally - which, I'd expect is why no one remembers right now!

viper911

Nov 24, 2017
Believe it or not I took this out about 2 years ago I took a photo of it when I did it but since then the phone I used got broke. Its a 2007 Ibiza that never got used. Its done a total of 12000miles hasn't had its first MOT yet and with it stood since late 2008 everything seems to of packed up. New battery was put on it, someone came round with the diagnostics gear and said the power steering pump wasn't working. So got hold of another pump taken off a running car and tried the sensor after reading on this forum. Bloody thing still doesn't work.
Looking for a cheap fix or its getting scrapped.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
if you had VCDS it would be much easier to diagnose.
but we can reach some conclusions without it.

if the steering with engine running is as stiff as when the car is turned off then you have either a power supply problem or steering pump problem.

if the dash light is ilumminated but you still have some assistance but not has much as it would be normal then the steering angle sensor could be to blame or the new pump code since you need to code if it uses the G85 or G250 sensor.

regarding the power supply problem:

- check fuses above the battery
- check battery voltage when engine is running, should be 14V or close
- check if battery light appears when engine is turned off disappears when the engine is running
---------- if it not appears with the engine stopped then you have a load wire problem
----------- if it doesn't disappear with engine running then you have an alternator problem
- make sure the battery is fully charged.
- if all the above is good check if you can see some wiring damage, or corrosion in the earth wire of the steering pump.

Last edited:

viper911

Nov 24, 2017
that'll keep me busy for a while. Thanks for that its appreciated. I di get someone to put the diagnostics on it and he said straight away the pumps not working, if it needed coding would that not of shown up on his machine? I'll investigate further and let you know

Last edited:

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
FWIW I bought my Ibiza with faults on the pump and the angle sensor, fresh battery fixed the issues.

If the car isn't getting good voltage from the battery you get all sorts of weird electrical gremlins appear.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Lets us know how it ends.

PS: didnt mention battery becauase you said you already replaced it. It is usually the cause in most cases.

Last edited:

viper911

Nov 24, 2017
Just checking in guys, I've been called away so not had chance to look at it. I'll update you when I can. Thanks for the replies its appreciated

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Lets us know how it ends.

PS: didnt mention battery becauase you said you already replaced it. It is usually the cause in most cases.

Always worth mentioning it.

I know people who've have replaced a 'bad' battery with one they've taken out the scrap yard :rofl:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.