Annoying dash rattle

ewizzy

Hi guys, this is my first post on here, and I would just like to start off by complimenting yourselves on a great forum :clap:

Ive just picked up a new TDi FR 2.0 diseasal and its a fantastic car, apart from that bloody dash rattle :(

Its not noticable until I go over 95 - 100 mph (on my private test road of course) then when I go over that speed, all I can hear is an annoying rattle coming from behind the stereo (or somewhere similar)

Just wondering if anyone has managed to cure this yet?

Thanks and Kind Regards

Alex

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Ive had several rattles and knocks, but they've all dissapeared eventually :D

ewizzy

I think I may take the stereo out and see what I can see. Tie up and loose cables etc.

Thanks for the responses :)

kevinjp

I have a rattle in mine behind the dash somewhere on the passenger side behind the glovebox, only happens when you go over 60. My car is in the garage at the moment as they are trying to find the cause, so far they have removed the dash but it's still there, they are now going to remove the crash bar. Hope to get it back early next week, so will let you know what they find.

Last edited by a moderator:

shafton red

got a rattle on mine behind the centre consol... gonna spray some silicone spray on it to try and sort it out. In the meantime i just turn the music up!

kevinjp

Garage found the rattle, it was coming from the Bulkhead. They have insulated it and touch wood it has not rattled since!

ewizzy

Any chance you could get an exact description of what was rattling, so we can also ask our dealerships to look in that place for the rattle?

Kind Regards

Alex

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
When I mentioned the dash rattle on my new to me LCR. The dealer said straightaway it was the crashbar behind the dash and is a common fault. I am booking it in under warranty to have it looked at soon.

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
would this be something that could be done while you wait? I cant really not have the car for a few days, but i can take a day off work and wait for it to be done.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.