annoying exhaust rattle

tiny-tinkerbell

Aka Alana
Jan 28, 2011
south Yorkshire
hi guys was hopin someone would be able to help me out..
few months ago i heard a little rattle comin from the exhaust so i took it to exhaust uk they checked it out an decided my cat was fooked so had it de-cat..on the drive home the rattle was still there so took it straight back they said that some of the old cat may be stuck in the exhaust but would work its way out so left it a few week an it was still doin it, took it back an they decided the middle box was fooked this time so i had that took out an a stainless pipe to replace it.... sooo months on an a couple of hundred quid lighter the rattle is still there but it only does it when the car is runnin not when you push the exhaust yourself??? can anyone think of what it could be as i dont fancy takin it back to exhaust uk unless i know whats wrong

sorry for essay lol

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
I know that my Milltek USED to rattle on the rear axle because of the clearance problem there when lowered.

Polybushed all the mounts and a few cable ties and jubilee clip later no more rattles :) Took me over 6 months to get it completely rattle free.

tiny-tinkerbell

Aka Alana
Jan 28, 2011
south Yorkshire
thanks ill get to work with my cable ties :)
i just dont wanna take it back to them for them to turn round an tell me its another part of the exhaust that needs replacin...

TJP

Nov 24, 2009
i run a milltek, and it was rattling when i picked it up after having it fitted.
all i done was get it on a ramp and just made a few minor adjustments, and no more rattle., saying that i have a rattle if i have someone in the back, thats because it sits so low, so with the extra weight it slightly touches the rear beam. but i hardly have anyone in the back, so its all good.

as kyle says polybush mounts are meant to cure it.

Mk3R

!!! Vtec This !!!
Oct 14, 2011
Ellesmere port
My milltek rattles on the rear axel to O MY GOD it is so annoying i have poly bushed it all but shall go an try cable ties now :)

TJP

Nov 24, 2009
Rattle

If u can get access to a ramp, u can just keep adjusting it until its right. Worked for me. Only time it rattles is when im 3 up.

Aug 29, 2010
suffolk
Mine rattles in the tunnel where the centre box is it was fine before I fitted my d/p so i assume something not right just takes time to get it right

Aug 29, 2010
suffolk
Yeah gonna try and use my mates pit and sort it I use jubilee clips over the exhaust rubbers and a jack so I can do them up tight my mate showed me that trick

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
mine is doing my head in recently, got progressively worse now for like two weeks, on start up..crazy rattle in the tunnel, when warm the occasional rattle against rear beam...ARGH lol going to sort it out this week, makes it sound like a shed of a car !!!! :mad:

Priz91

Realist
Jun 24, 2013
Loughborough
Resurrecting an old thread, i have a tinny rattle when under load, if i gradually get to speed its not as loud as when i put my foot down.. Then it just rattles and sounds like theres stones rattling somewhere.. Went to a garage and they said its due to the exhaust hitting the rear axle, but i swear it sounds like its coming from the downpipe decat area... Did you guys have this same issue and sort it?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise