annoying radio problem when rear window heater on!

belly3

hi, i've got a mk5 1.4 sport 5dr. just wondered if anyone has experienced the same thing or could help me.

recently, i have noticed that when happily driving along listening to my favourite radio stations and i press the rear window heater button to clear the back window, the station badly distorts and crackles for the duration it takes for the heaters auto switch off to take effect, or i get annoyed and turn it off myself and make do with my wing mirrors for visibility.

once it goes off, the music returns back to normal. it is very noticable, and very annoying, especially at this time of year when i'll be using the button alot.

Another thing is that one of the elements (black horizontal lines) in the rear heater appears to be broken, im always left with a patch accross the middle that refuses to clear, this has again, only recently happened. i had window tint film professionally applied around a year ago. could this be the cause? also, i would imagine the stealers wouldnt touch it under warranty due to the tint film?

any help or tips would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Yes dealer will more than likely tell you push off on the window side of things, but interferance is an odd one, not had that before. Assume you have a std headunit.

belly3

cheers for the reply techie. i agree about the windows. i do have the standard head unit and havn't been messing about with it. i wonder if it could be a sign of a low battery. whenever i have for eg. my heating,lights and cd on, if i was to then press the rear window heater button, the headlights and interior lights momentarily go dimmer. maybe this also has an adverse effect on radio signal quality..... or am i just being stupid? haha

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.