Another central locking thread. No doors lock from fob and only drivers side w/ key

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
As title! I did search but no threads contained this specific circumstance...anyway;

I didnt realise until getting my fob sorted today, that my doors have not been locking.

-If i use the key manually in the drivers side, only the drivers side locks.

-The fob activates the alarm all good, but no doors lock

-If i lock the drivers side manually, then the fob does not unlock it.

What is this a symptom of? Drivers side motor or something else?

Any fuses worth checking?

Thanks in advance
Connor

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hard to say, probably ther drivers door lock module and possibly the others as well. Modules are a common fault, so maybe the previous owner didn't ever replace any as they failed. Could also be problems with the wiring loom where it passes through the doors, another fairly common failure point.
VCDS can scan the central locking module, so that might point you in the right direction.
Could also be a fuse although i'm not sure which one, best to check them all before you start replacing anything.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Hard to say, probably ther drivers door lock module and possibly the others as well. Modules are a common fault, so maybe the previous owner didn't ever replace any as they failed. Could also be problems with the wiring loom where it passes through the doors, another fairly common failure point.
VCDS can scan the central locking module, so that might point you in the right direction.
Could also be a fuse although i'm not sure which one, best to check them all before you start replacing anything.
I just had it scanned and nothing came up to do with locks. Quite confusing when there’s no error codes to start looking into. I have no idea what it could be, probably going to have to leave in the garage for then to rummage around in

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I just had it scanned and nothing came up to do with locks. Quite confusing when there’s no error codes to start looking into. I have no idea what it could be, probably going to have to leave in the garage for then to rummage around in
Was it scanned with VCDS though, other code readers that can do engine, airbags and brakes can't read the locks.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Was it scanned with VCDS though, other code readers that can do engine, airbags and brakes can't read the locks.
I’ll have to double check. I know he’s got multiple readers but I personally wouldn’t know visually what one is what. Thanks for the heads up mate.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.