Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Another Facelift For The Mk5?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk5 (2008-2017)' started by IbizaNI, May 6, 2015.

1. IbizaNI

IbizaNI Active Member

Seems like Seat have something going on with the Ibiza tomorrow at the Barcelona Motor Show with rumours being it could be the unveiling of another facelift for the mk5 before an all new generation at the end of next year or it could actually be the unveiling of the mk6. Only time will tell as it should be unveiled tomorrow!:drool:

(can't post URL's as I haven't posted more than 15 times yet :( )

2. rich RS

rich RS Ibiza 1.4 TSI ACT 150 FR

3. DaBigDogg

DaBigDogg Active Member

Hmm interesting, an end of life special edition with the 1.8tsi maybe?

4. DaBigDogg

DaBigDogg Active Member

Oh, nice link....

5. britishsligean

britishsligean Active Member

Kinda felt it was a bit too long before a new gen release

6. Steve221

Steve221 Workshy Fop.

#6 Steve221, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
  7. Bobanegra

Bobanegra Active Member

Still feel that he first of the designs for this current generation of Ibiza was the best… but then as an previous Boc owner I'm biased :)

8. alijay036

alijay036 Active Member

So do they give you a baseball cap and an OMGI dictionary as well? It looks terrible as if one person designed the front and then left the back end alone. The engine specs look good as does the revamp on the interior but the exterior is what people will see first.

9. J400uk

J400uk Active Member

Good to see after 7 years on the market they've finally introduced a proper full size touch screen head unit and Highline/DIS/ Maxidot style trip computer! I remember when I had mine those were big omissions. The 'Maps and More' Sat Nav they added a few years back was particularly poor and not fit for a car in this class.

Sounds like this finally spells the end for the old 1.4 16v unit too? Impressive it still exists since it first appeared nearly 20 years ago back in 1996 in the VW Polo 6n!

I think its been facelifted rather than replaced since the Audi A1, Skoda Fabia and VW Polo have all very recently been updated and still use the same PQ25 underpinnings (but now with MQB electrics). Will be interesting to see which of the quartet is first to move over to a full MQB chassis in the future!

#9 J400uk, May 7, 2015
  10. rich RS

rich RS Ibiza 1.4 TSI ACT 150 FR

11. devJORD

devJORD OBD11 Wizard

An in-dash GPS and the controls on the steering wheel... And I've just paid my first payment on my brand new Ibiza FR.... Ok I'm pissed off!

However, I prefer my interior. That dial cover looks straight out of a Mk4 Golf....

#11 devJORD, May 7, 2015
  12. DarkehFR

DarkehFR Active Member

Feel your pain, exactly the same as you! :)

that head unit is the exact one my missus just got on her bluemotion polo. Its quite nice, even has mirror link (if you pay 300 for a code to unlock it). So are the dials which means you can also change the digi speed display to mph..... :(

#12 DarkehFR, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  13. Enog

Enog Active Member

Wonder if the new headlights are a straight swap...

14. Steve221

Steve221 Workshy Fop.

They look the same outline just with the corner section blacked out, otherwise exactly the same. Hardly worth the cost in my opinion.

15. hellooo

hellooo Active Member

According to this week's Autocar, the 109ps 1.0 will have 148lbft of torque. This is well up on the 129 quoted for my 1.2. Could be good, assuming that this isn't too much to ask from the engine. Apparently the facelifted Ibiza is first to receive this engine with a turbo. Let's hope that the DSG hesitancy is solved too..

16. IbizaNI

IbizaNI Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the 6C Polo the 1st to get the 1.0 TSI 110PS?

17. hellooo

hellooo Active Member

I looked at the VW website last week and the Polo listed was still a 1.2 tsi. It would stand to reason that the Polo should get the new technology before Seat's model.

18. britishsligean

britishsligean Active Member

It depends, some companies give free control to do what they want and develop for themselves first then the rest of the group gets it

19. RUM4MO

RUM4MO Active Member

Not completely true there, it is the 1.2TSI 110 4 cylinder engine that has been dropped in favour of the 1.0TSI 110 3 cylinder engine. In the Polo at least, the 1.2TSI 90 will continue in the fuel efficient model. Engine change is needed to drop emissions, especially with the 110PS one, but as said before, no you feel lucky with 110PS from a South American built 1.0 engine - well lucky enough to keep it for maybe 10 years? (1.2TSI is only built in CZ - oh bother!)

All factory orders accepted after week 25 or 26 will only get 1.0TSI if a 110 engine is asked for, me - I'm hoping that wife's new Polo has been accepted as a 1.2TSI 110 order, "track by car" shows it as being that.

Edit:- http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=416869 seems to answer my question from a few months ago!

#19 RUM4MO, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
  20. hellooo

hellooo Active Member