Another Facelift For The Mk5?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd guess that as it is turbo charged, the torque curve will be reasonably flat, the "tba" quote on the VW configurator gives you a lot of confidence - not, especially if like me it looked like I would end up with that engine - ie buying a car with "tba" engine parameters! I have not fully investigated the impact generally when reducing the displacement of a turbo charged engine while retaining its maximum power output, but I'd guess torque might suffer.

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Autocar are claiming the facelifted Ibiza Cupra will continue to use the 1.4TSI with 178bhp but will be offered with a 6sp manual (sorry can't post the link as I haven't posted 15 times yet).
I thought they would've stuck the 1.8TSI from the Polo GTI but then again it may take some sales from it if it was offered in the Ibiza.

Last edited:

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
Autocar are claiming the facelifted Ibiza Cupra will continue to use the 1.4TSI with 178bhp but will be offered with a 6sp manual (sorry can't post the link as I haven't posted 15 times yet).
I thought they would've stuck the 1.8TSI from the Polo GTI but then again it may take some sales from it if it was offered in the Ibiza.

I agree mate, I would have thought it would have been at least as powerful as the polo equivalent. Especially as SEAT is supposed to the sporty side of VAG.

Maybe leaves the door open for a Cupra R?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.