Another newbie

FR Ste

Jun 11, 2018
Morning everyone.

Another newbie here.

Recently bought a 2008 FR 2.0 TSFI DSG and loving it.

Had one Seat in the past - a Ibiza Cupra Sport. Had a couple of Golfs too - V6 4motion and a GTI TDI, both mk4.

My current Leon is a tidy example - only 32k miles on the clock!!! Has a nice H&R suspension kit and a SS cat back exhaust system.

I’m loving the power of the Leon. It’s a right animal!!!

Reactions: Superman001

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome buddy!

My previous Leon was a 2007 FR TFSI but I was poor so had the manual haha great car!

I found all it needed for me was a silencer delete and it sounded pretty meaty!

32K on the clock is insanely low for that age, my current 2010 Cupra R has 35k currently.

You'll have to get some pics up.

Any plans for it?

FR Ste

Jun 11, 2018
Welcome buddy!

My previous Leon was a 2007 FR TFSI but I was poor so had the manual haha great car!

I found all it needed for me was a silencer delete and it sounded pretty meaty!

32K on the clock is insanely low for that age, my current 2010 Cupra R has 35k currently.

You'll have to get some pics up.

Any plans for it?

No major plans. My wife will drive it on a day to day basis and me at the weekends. So she said no to a dump valve lol.

It literally needs no work doing to it either. Touch wood.

It doesn’t have a rear spoiler, so that may be something I look into. It has an aftermarket double Din, but I don’t like it. Might sell it to find an Apple car play compatible unit. Potentially tint the windows a bit more too.

Once it’s had a nice wash and I’ve got the front number plate to stick on properly, I’ll get some photos up.

I know!! The mileage is nuts. I jumped at the chance to buy it when I saw it. Took a 4 hour train journey to collect it!

Any advice on subtle changes to make?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
When I had my FR I had to take it out for a whooping due to the GF driving it like a pansy, it seemed to get lumpy if it wasn't treated like you stole it.

Sounds like you're onto a winner, Yeah I got a cheap Chinese copy RCD510 for mine as I use a wired iPod for music so Apple Play and stuff doesn't interest me these days.

I hate trains lol

I can suggest the following but I guess it all depends what the boss thinks haha

Front Splitter from Triple R - https://www.triplercomposites.com/leonmk2pfl

Not sure if yours has the standard FR 17 inch wheels but there are some nice 18's out there which fill up the arches better.

I installed LED footwell lights that came on with the main beam, easy to install and looks good as all wires are hidden unlike the plug into 12v cig lighter options.

If you can get a Cupra spoiler that would be pretty good like you mentioned.

You could easily get away with a Revo Air intake lol not as intrusive as a dump valve.

Then there is the remap which would take you to the same power as the Cupra (240BHP) - http://r-techperformance.co.uk/vw-golf-mk5-gti-tfsi-200-remap/

That should keep you busy for a while lol

If you're anywhere near Donington you should get over there on the 8th July for the Nation meet for all VAG cars, this forum should be there.

Link is in my Signature or if you're feeling lazy you can click here

FR Ste

Jun 11, 2018
Thanks for those ideas. I will have a look into them. Could be some nice additions to the car there.

The remap sounds very interesting!!!

Reactions: Jimbobcook
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.