another rr at ecotune 17/11/12. start time 10.30 am

c-n-d21

Nov 2, 2010
Renfrewshire
Sorry guys but ill need to bail with my re run my car has a snapped spring and it don't sound healthy atall so need to pass :( but on the bright side get to lower it now woohoo :p

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
Was a good day at ecotune lots of nice cars and plenty of help from stan so a big thanks to stan and another 360 quid raised and i here stan has put the rest to it and made it up to 400

cra19n

C14 RGG
May 8, 2010
glasgow
Yeah was a good day was pleased with my 136.6 bhp :whistle: lol. No bad for a 110, more than expected.
thanks for organising it Greg. and thanks to Stan for allowing it. decent amount raised to.

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
quote cooper81

After the first rolling road day we had at Ecotune 4/5 weeks ago there was little feedback so I have taken it upon myself to write a report on our second RR day we had yesterday of which I would say turned out to be very successful.

On arrival we were made to feel very welcome by owners Stan, Laura and David who had laid out a selection of tea/coffee, juice and an even bigger selection of biscuits/sandwiches and refreshments to keep us all going throughout the day.
As Stan and David went to set the rollers up I got chatting to another enthuiast who had made the journey from ARBROATH to attend, he did of course bribe his wife into a days shopping at Braehead in order for him to come along! I was suprised at the turnout with so many people bringing their pride and joys along. The car park wasn't long in filling up with a tasty variety of cars on show rangeing from Honda Civic's to Seat Leon's to BMW's and also a very nice Focus RS.

We had two 5 series BMW's on the rollers to kick things off one of which being a lovely 520D which had previously been worked on by Stan at Ecotune. This car stock runs at 218bhp. After several runs on the dyno it came to light that Stan wasn't entirely happy with how the car was performing. Something wasn't quite right as it made 257bhp with 416(ft-lbs). The owner Rob was asked by Stan to wait till the end as Stan being the perfectionist he is, was determined to get to the bottom of the issue. More on this later......

The next 3 hrs of the day proceeded to be the Seat Leon show! with mine included. However there was one in particular that caught the eye. I didn't get a chance to find out what had been done under the bonnet but I do know it was running an IHI turbo. I think most including myself were suprised by the outcome as it made a very impressive 340bhp. As more cars were ran on the dyno more people were smiling as a lot of the results matched expections and in some cases exceeded them. One in particular being a lad Rab who had a stock Honda Civic Type R, he was hoping for 200bhp but was soon to be delighted as it ran 214bhp. However not ever car made its potential.......

The car that most were waiting to see on the rollers next was the stunning Focus RS.... The owner was looking for around 370bhp, it failed to hit the mark but still made a very healthy 357bhp. Again I failed to get the full details on modifications as I was probably in the viewing area getting a heat or breaking the coffee maker which I did several times! (sorry guys!) As I mentioned many people hung around to see the Focus as the workshop soon emptied including the very helpful staff members Laura and David leaving myself, Stan and Rob with his BMW 520D from earlier in the day. I decided to stay as I was keen to see the outcome...

So sure enough Rob's car was driven back into the workshop and Stan set about it with his laptop, gadgets and knowhow! Hopefully Stan can give a more detailed insight into what he changed/tweaked as most of what he was sayin to me did put a rather baffled look on my face! Once Stan was happy with the data and the changes he made, he proceeded to strap Rob's car on the rollers for several runs to see how it was performing. With Stan's knowledge and the changes he made to the car, the power figures took a healthy jump and his final run made 279bhp with 473 (ft-lbs). Rob was then sent out for a test drive, he came back shortly after grinning from ear to ear delighted with his pride and joy. This ending a very tiring day on a high.

Overall as i've said previous, the day turned out to be a great success with many people going home happy. Not to mention that all money raised yesterday (£360), will be going to charity, i'm sure Stan said he would make it up to £400. A great gesture from the guys there. On this note I would like to thank Ecotune for hosting us and their hospitality keeping us going on food and drink etc. Also to Stan for the light comedy blowing the leckie by running 3 fans!! Another shout for Greig Buchanan for taking to do with organizing the day.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Glad to read there is a decent r/r in Glasgow. I was at another r/r in Glasgow recently which I would never ever use again. I wanted to use Stan's but he couldn't take me sadly. Ironically, I drove to Glasgow from Aberdeen to get a proper r/r plot which currently can't be done in Aberdeen due to wheelspin issues on the rollers :(

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Glad to read there is a decent r/r in Glasgow. I was at another r/r in Glasgow recently which I would never ever use again. I wanted to use Stan's but he couldn't take me sadly. Ironically, I drove to Glasgow from Aberdeen to get a proper r/r plot which currently can't be done in Aberdeen due to wheelspin issues on the rollers :(

Surely Wallace can help you out considering the huge bhp there cars make lol.

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
just a wee post for anyone who's interseted ecotune are now an APR dealer and for the month of november they have a beat the map going if you you alread have a map APR will beat your bhp and torque and its only £175

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.