Another wet passanger footwell

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
As title says :(

At first i thought it was the door seals as my Mum first spotted the problem and it seemed to be streaming down the inner plastic bit infront of the door.

So first thing i did search for leaky door seals found the thread and saw that you should check the pollen filter first, so i checked the pollen filter and cover, that was poorly fitted so i refitted it and also got a new filter today.

So after refitting the pollen filter and cover etc, good clean up inside i got the hose, sprayed the door and nothing, sprayed the scuttle pannel and we have water!

So everything came out, scuttle pannel was lose and the little gutter piece hadnt been put back in properly it turns out, so fitted that properly, got the whole pollen filter box out found where it was mainly wet a filled it with silicone, refitted etc and left untill this morning. Well it rained today and it still appers there is water coming from under the glove box :censored:

So where do i look next (obviously i take the glove box out) or is there a guide as how too fix?

Sorry for the essay and thanks

newmac78

If you can see water coming in from the glove box area, it's pretty unlikely to be the door seals. If it's not the pollen filter, and not the door seals - you're moving into an area of leaks that is less covered on the forum.

I had a similar problem that I discovered was a poor seal where the floor pan is welded/bonded to the bulkhead. There was a pinhole leak and it was being forced through. Might be worth having a look in that area. The leak was definitely just under the glove box in mine, so it may be there in yours too.

It could be time well spent to strip the carpets and sound deadening out on the passenger side, put a bit of talcum powder down (or use coloured liquid), and really understand where the leak is coming from.

Hope that helps a little. I really sympathise with you - having gone through the same hell!

Oh, leaking air con is another possible from that general location. There is a drain pipe that exits the bulkhead in that general location. Also worth checking while your down there!

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Cheers for the help guys ill have a look soon.

Bob i dont think its the door as when the door is sprayed with water nothing, as soon as the pollen filter area is sprayed it drips out from under the glove box, i will check the doors again at some point though.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
found where it was mainly wet a filled it with silicone, refitted etc and left untill this morning.

There are drain holes around there I'm sure, you may have inadvertently filled the drainage hole, and it is now finding it's way in elsewhere, along the bulkhead seam possibly?

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Hmm ill have a look but i dont think we did, we took the box out and on the bottom of the box it has a foam seal, so put silicone on that and also where the foam seal meets the frame (if you know what i mean?)

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
you could fill the skuttle area with water and check its free draining. ifs its not draining quickly and the level builds up, it`ll find a way in. drain holes can block easierly:)

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Well its rained alot recently and it hasnt leaked! YAY!!!!

So must of just been a bit of water left in there

Cheers for all the help :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.