Any Interest before .........

Frog

Jan 1, 2015
Hi I wonder if somebody could offer advice on this issue. My father has a Mk1 1997 seat Toledo 1.6 petrol which due to his age he can no longer drive. The normally we could just put it up for sale but on the last drive, he had to swerve and hit a high curb and caused damage. The front left punctured as the wheel was buckled. The garage says with the spare fitted, it pulls to the left , probably the 'lower arm' needs replacing at a cost of £300+Mot. At the moment we've done nothing. So I was wondering if there is any interest on this forum to collect it ( as I wont break it )put it back on the road, before I consider anything else. I ask as this car has done about 80k and has been kept uptogther ,apart from a paint scrape on one side. Its a shame to see this potential classic possibly scrapped so thats why I wondered if there was any interest out there in this forum as we really must move it on. If there is I can post more info.

If there isn't I might consider replacing the arm myself, in which case does anybody know how easy it is to do?
Or any other Ideas ?

Sergio

Jul 27, 2011
Leeds and/or London
You're unlikely to find anybody who'd put too much time or cash into it as they're not loved, it will go to the crusher if you don't keep it going. If you do go down the self repair route then you should probably change both sides. It's not difficult if you have the tools, just take your time about it. If the car has sentimental value I don't suppose there's any harm leaving it SORN under a cover until you find somebody who wants to rescue it.

Have you visually inspected the arm? Does it look damaged? Is it worth having the tracking/wheel alignment done?

Frog

Jan 1, 2015
Hi Sergio, thanks for the reply . Tha's what I was sort of expecting but just thought I'd ask the qustion. I believe I'm capable of doing the job but I've got no room so looks like its going to be scrapped off . And I'll guess with the cost of parts and retracking etc I wouldn't break even if I was able to sell it afterwards.

Thanks Again .

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.