Any logic reason to put LPFP and HPFP without a bigger turbo?

Zx7R

Dec 5, 2016
Just curious, if it would affect the car behavior/power/fuel consumption, on a Leon cupra stage 2?

Thank you for your opinions.

Deleted member 103408

on my stage 3 i did not do hpfp at first but did it latter as this gives better response at highrevs only (on my map) and in my case no impact on fuel economy

Reactions: Zx7R

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Just curious, if it would affect the car behavior/power/fuel consumption, on a Leon cupra stage 2?

Thank you for your opinions.

Why would you put the uprated HPFP and not go 2+?

Zx7R

Dec 5, 2016
Why would you put the uprated HPFP and not go 2+?

Mostly just curious. What stage 2+ includes? I wouldn\t like the exhausts to be changed, and for now the turbo to be left original.
I've got intercooler, intake, downpipe, sway bars (apr), kw coilovers, and software ecu/tcu.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Mostly just curious. What stage 2+ includes? I wouldn\t like the exhausts to be changed, and for now the turbo to be left original.
I've got intercooler, intake, downpipe, sway bars (apr), kw coilovers, and software ecu/tcu.

2+ requires intake, downpipe (with race cat), intercooler (recommended) and HPFP. Much better than Stage 2.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Got all those except the HPFP. So, the + is a matter of remap?

Yup, just need the HPFP and the software to make use of it. It's a big difference! I personally didn't like Stage 2. Loved the difference Stage 1 made and 2+ was like getting a stage 1 all over again.

Deleted member 103408

is your car mk3 and who us mapping it as there may not be a 2+

Zx7R

Dec 5, 2016

2016 5 doors. All the time thinking about stage 3 on and off. The reliability and thought that the engine will be touched with rebuild - makes me off. Also, on a daily basis drive - it's pretty enough what I have. But sometimes I just want more :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

Ah right, I thought MK2.

2016 5 doors. All the time thinking about stage 3 on and off. The reliability and thought that the engine will be touched with rebuild - makes me off. Also, on a daily basis drive - it's pretty enough what I have. But sometimes I just want more :)

Yeah, I'd like my engine forged. But the thought of it not being in the car (even in the hands of trained professionals) puts me off.

Deleted member 103408

my 2014 280 stage 3 is my daily but the map is important to reliability

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.