Any meets around Staffordshire or stoke

Jamiethorley

Stage 2+ BTCC
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke On Trent
Hey Mark, i recognise your car, well actually the calipers. You occasionally park your car down the road from me in Newcastle,

I used to have a red LCR with anthracite wheels but now i have a grey cupra.

mark-cupra

FR TFSI
Sep 11, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
Ah right yh i do :) always used to look at your red leon funny enough lol, what a small world, i was going to buy a leon cupra r originally but then went onto looking at mk2 leons instead

yours was a real beauty though, did you keep making the wheels darker gradually lol, they always seemed to be darker and darker every few weeks haha

is it a leon cupra you have now or an ibiza cupra?

mark-cupra

FR TFSI
Sep 11, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
Wow you bought that lol, that was one nice cupra, from one good looking car to another, ill have to look out for it then :) its actually good having someone local who owns one and is on this forum lol

you need get a rr started too :)

Jamiethorley

Stage 2+ BTCC
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke On Trent
You will probably see my missus bobbing about in it more than me mate.

I plan on sorting a rr when i get a bit of time

Will keep my eyes open for you to buddy, you will have give me shout next time your down , go for a quick blast:D

Your car looks well tidy, love the stance

mark-cupra

FR TFSI
Sep 11, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
Yh sounds good, yh i used to see your missus in it sometimes when i walked past, bet shes pleased at getting to drive that everyday? haha, presume you live in the houses opposite?

I wont be parking there as often now as i usually work 6 in the morning till 12ish but theyve changed my hours to afternoons and you cant get a space so i park on that community centre around the corner from where you live, just before the cherry tree, ill be doing the odd morning though :)

Cheers :) yh its getting there slowly, its looks better sometimes more than others, like sometimes i look at it and think the gaps still massive between the wheel and the arch and then from a distance or by parking in the right place it looks quite low, its strange haha

I already know yours looks good haha

Jamiethorley

Stage 2+ BTCC
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke On Trent
Ye i live opposite. You can actually park on the carpark right opposite the citizen advice, my mates the traffic warden and they dont monitor it, parking is difficult in newcastle but we get resident passes which is good.

My missus drives like miss daisy , dreading her taking it the multistory carparks though, she has been warned[:@]

Do you work in the town then?

mark-cupra

FR TFSI
Sep 11, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
Haha does she lol, at least theres no chace of damage then hopefully :)

I did wonder whether you could park on there but didnt in case it was monitored by traffic wardens, whos car park is that anyway?

Yh i work in wilkinsons, not an amazing job but it pays the bills lol

do you have a white van aswell by any chance?

sorry for nicking this thread guys haha

Jamiethorley

Stage 2+ BTCC
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke On Trent
Not quite sure who owns it but you can park there, not many people know it either.

A jobs a job at the end of the day mate! As long as theres enough left to mod your car

Ye the white vivaro is mine as well,

Got any more plans for your car?

mark-cupra

FR TFSI
Sep 11, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
Did it roll in to the road one night a while ago lol, it was there one morning when i come work haha

Yh as long as ive got enough mod my car :p

Got a few bits planned, i mainly want some standard 18 inch alloys and im gonna fit my hids sometime over the next few days :)

You planning on anything? Im parked by yours now, finish at half 5

Jamiethorley

Stage 2+ BTCC
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke On Trent
Ye my bloody handbrake snapped, i think it was in the road all night. Lol

Hids are quality when they last!!

Thinking bout getting some bbs lm as the guy i purchased it off had them on for a short time and looked quite good, if i dont i will have the current ones refurbed, may be anthracite again, just not sure if anthracite on a dark grey car will clash, what do you reckon?

Also going to Revo congleton to get the software update done .

mark-cupra

FR TFSI
Sep 11, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
Yh i had to go around the back streets to get the other side of it to park haha :p

I didnt see your car parked up when i walked past at the beginning or end of the day but as i was just about to drive off your missus went past in it so i got to have one quick look at your car anyway lol :)
I thought the wheels were different than in the RR thread, what is the ride like on the coilovers? i used to have weitec on my ibiza cupra and i loved em but they expensive, wish i could afford some for this really :(

Im not sure what the best colour alloys for a dark grey car is really, i know black would be ok or maybe you could try white even? perhaps a lighter anthracite would look good?

Jamiethorley

Stage 2+ BTCC
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke On Trent
Sorry for your detour, eventually some one knocked on my door about half 6, i would of been screwed if i lived on a hill,

Ye the wheels on it now are bbs ch fitted with winter tyres, really grippy, The ones toward the beginning of the thread are the bbs lm split rims with grey centres which i do like, cant decide what to do, hmmmm

The coil overs cost about £650 just checked in the folder for you, i really like the ride , nice composure through the twisties but still very usable and not to harsh, they work well with the anti roll bars.

What was the ibiza like to drive in comparisson to the leon? The guy who purhased my LCR came with his mate in a highly modded ibiza, it had the maddest bonnet wrap ever, was like something out of a wheres wally book, extremely colourful.

mark-cupra

FR TFSI
Sep 11, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
Its ok lol, i would of knocked if id of known whos it was lol

Thats not too bad then but i just cant bring myself to pay that kind of money for coilovers eventhough i know the more you pay the better you get usually, i was lucky with my ibiza as they came on the car

It was great to drive, i miss it if im honest and would love to own it still :( im not saying i dont like my leon though, its nice but in a different way, i dont wanna sound chavvy but it had a custom powerflow exhaust which sounded just right and the 007p dv, jetex induction and it was just great, i bought it off a mate and as soon as he bought it i liked it, looked so good on the coilovers, ive got a rr thread of it in my signature unless you looked already, not loads of pics but gives you an idea

I like my leon to drive but ive been trying to decide if coilovers would make it feel better and maybe front and rear arbs or i could just add arbs now with my lowering springs on and it would be better i dunno

Jamiethorley

Stage 2+ BTCC
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke On Trent
Ibiza look stealth mate, loving the euro look alloys, the leon is a bit more refined and a bit more grown up if im honest, would love a stripped out ibiza as a track car tho, i had a 007p and jetex on my Lcr and together sounded ace

It does make financial sense to buy a car which some one has already spent the money on, cheaper in the long run.

What you not happy with on yours, the ride height or does it roll in the bends?

Are you going ultimate dubs next weekend?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.