Any new meets coming up around south wales?

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
Want to get the paint sorted mostly. Bonnet, handles and roof bars need a respray and the dent in the passenger door where the jack slipped. Need a new driver mirror cover as mine has been broken since I've had the car but I've never bothered to change it. Get a new middle grill for the front and wrap the badge properly. Get it on the rolling road again since the coils and turbo have been sorted to see what it is making.

Really want the wheels done again too but not going to bother as they come back from garages ruined when they change the tyres :(

pigeon fancier

Sep 27, 2013
Chesterfield
Sounds like your going to be busy.
I had my wheels refurbished in January, anthracite but I fancy a colour change,
Could do a swap/deal if your interested,
Be a shame to spray mine again when they are unmarked.

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
Sounds like your going to be busy.
I had my wheels refurbished in January, anthracite but I fancy a colour change,
Could do a swap/deal if your interested,
Be a shame to spray mine again when they are unmarked.

I'd definitely be interested in that. Have you had the tyres changed since you had your wheels painted? Its so annoying spending so much cash on getting them done only for a garages to take the paint off :censored:

charlesz1066

Jun 19, 2013
Blackwood Gwent Wales
Have done say 40mils to day..:) so i would say by Sat.. i am working in Swansea tomorrow.
And working Hereford Saturday, so should be fine by then.. might have the rear's done newt wk..
Going to have all the pads done as well, thay got 30% off at europarts at the mo..:)

Digger

Aug 7, 2005
RCT South Wales
I'd definitely be interested in that. Have you had the tyres changed since you had your wheels painted? Its so annoying spending so much cash on getting them done only for a garages to take the paint off :censored:
A&A tyres in Aberdare have a new tyre fitting machine which protects the rim when fitting to prevent paint stripping

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
hmmm, interesting. Was supposed to be going to a meet with the UK-MKIVS forum this Sunday - will try and get them to come along to that instead.

Also details of a big Krispy Kreme meeting in Bristol at the beginning of May which i may go to as well

Last edited:

RSAlex

Oct 29, 2013
I won't be going to the meet Sunday as I'm going to a rolling road day.

Do any of you guys fancy taking your car for a spin around Castle Combe?

I'm going to the action day on 26th April with Welsh Ford, and they still need to fill a few spaces for their track session.
It's £28 for entry to the event, plus a 15/20 minute track session. It's a good bit of fun, and at least a few minutes around the track won't give your tyres and brakes too much of a beating, compared to a full day.
The only catch is you'll have to pay this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/welshford/posts/694105447298968

Let me know if there is any interest.

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Tempting but i'm broke this month - spent too much on more power :( Need to get mine on a Dyno at some point too.

Would recommend the track time to anyone though, used to do a fair few sessions on the Combe Action Days and they're great fun.

RSAlex

Oct 29, 2013
I wonder if we would get enough interest to run a rolling road day in South Wales?

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Could be a worth a try if we could get a tidy place. Most places around here want silly money for a couple of runs

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise