Any news on Facelift Seat Ateca?

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Does anyone know if there is timeframe of when the new Ateca or Facelift Ateca is due to be released? Still got 1.5 years left with my leon but I know factory orders take months to get. Im looking at getting an Ateca next but dont want to order one just now for a new facelift to be released in a few months.

Cheers.

Tell

Staff member
Changed the font on the back. Front grill. Have to read to see what else is twigged. Seat media site use to be a good place to get the press info when the Ateca was first launched. Where the mags got some of their images from ;).

This

http://www.seatpress.co.uk/

and

https://www.seat-mediacenter.com/

Where that other site(s) that gets their stuff from to attract clicks... but you can access yourself :).

Here is the Ateca one

https://www.seat-mediacenter.com/ne...einvigorated-SUV-success-story-is-coming.html

Fancy tail lights.

That means that it will be "all LED" at the back. At launch it was suppose to be all LED (Xcellence) but turned out that the front fog, rear indicators, rear reversing light and rear fog lights were not. 2018, front became full LED with the fog light, back remained mixed. The video indicates rear will now be LED since that effect is a LED flashing light effect.

Will there be a live stream Syphon... enjoyed the Kodiaq one at the time. Felt like being there...

Last edited:

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
This is not the new ateca :no:

Attachments

• New ateca.jpg
    New ateca.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Yes I understand Syphon has all the privaleged stuff. I wasnt expecting the side panels to change. We know the front is (Think that's the new Seat grill look). Pictures of that. The back yes, fancy LED light that takes in the indicators now. I'm always interested in the infotainment and Mapcare.:).

Tarraco, the bit boy Ateca. Ateca is the Leon SUV. That's what they tell the dealers.

Reactions: Syphon

Tell

Staff member
Oh yes, there already. Nice video.

Interested where the reversing light has gone. Think it must be in the indicator assembly area like the front, capable of white or yellow... can you flash yellow when reversing. Reckon that's where it's gone. Might be wrong thou.

Quite a few changes. Pictured in the Tarraco launch colour.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Heated windscreen, that is a major plus from me :1st: I'm also glad they've keep the physically controlls from the climate control unlike the new leon!

Tell

Staff member
It is a bonus, have the wire version but now living in temperate coast environment don't get to use it so much - handy for getting rid of internal mist as well. It would speed up defrosting so you only have the side windows to spray and scrape. The front and rear do themselves. Watch the trap of leaving the front door open for extra ventilation, auto wipers on, heated front windscreen on, detects water, wipers come on and it dumps the snow in side the door. :). You only do that once as you watch it happen from outside.

Reactions: iScoTT29

Mihai A.

Apr 24, 2020
antoce.me
Finally they gave up on the glossy rubbish plastics and introduced aluminum. Or is that some sort of fake wood design? 100x Better than those squeaky easy to scratch plastics.

Tell

Staff member
Probably have to wait to get in it.

Wonder if it's got the flappy cap in the boot to cover the lock bar. The Koqiak has that. Karoq never got it. Be interesting, one for train spotters to put the 2020 Ateca against the Karoq to see how they compare now. Karoq got ahead of the Ateca in extra touches although you dont get the Seat sporty ride. What people say atleast.

The Skoda design people embroidered the Ateca built on the Skoda factory line. Probably the same people that took the design to make the car from the Spanish team then designed the Karoq :). Always thought there was a conflict of interest there.

Videos are good. Wait with anticipation on the UK brochures and price list.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise