? any one got a 1.9tdi stylance !!! mpg???

ray bigblue

hello looking to buy a seat altea 1.9tdi stylance but not getting any feed back from owners on this forum. is it that good you want to keep it all to yourselves!! or a complete dog and no one wants to admit to having one:p

seriously please someone give me some feedback,about mpg servicing, and your thoughts about the car, it looks great ,how does it feel.
would love to buy the 2.0 tdi dsg but a bit worried about fuel consumption as i need to get about 55 to 60 on my daily run at 50 to 70 mph
please reply i dont want to buy a skoda!!!!!!!!!!!

Hobbit

Aug 5, 2006
Stockport
hello looking to buy a seat altea 1.9tdi stylance but not getting any feed back from owners on this forum. is it that good you want to keep it all to yourselves!! or a complete dog and no one wants to admit to having one:p

seriously please someone give me some feedback,about mpg servicing, and your thoughts about the car, it looks great ,how does it feel.
would love to buy the 2.0 tdi dsg but a bit worried about fuel consumption as i need to get about 55 to 60 on my daily run at 50 to 70 mph

Got a new 1.9 TDi stylance in July. Done 2000 miles so far including a trip to France. Average at the moment is around 40 - 44 mpg. Not brilliant as I dont really drive it hard being new. From what I understand it takes several thousand miles for the engine to properly loosen up and mpg should gradually increase.

As far as the car is concerned this is the first Seat I have owned, and first diesel. Have to say I am very impressed so far. Driving is a real pleasure and the engine although not as powerful as the 2.0 TDi, is really strong with loads of torque.

The finish and kit supplied with this model is very good and I can find no faults so far. Even the ICE supplied is excellent and sound quality really good (deep base and clear trebles with no distortion), despite what some people seem to think about SEAT audio kit / speakers. MP3 compatible CD player makes a big difference to previous cars where I needed a CD changer.

Had reversing sensors option fitted and find these very helpful as it can be difficult to judge sometimes.

As I said not had it very long and new to Seat myself but if any questions just ask.

ray bigblue

thanks hobbit was thinking about the rear parking sensors, the rear view is a bit daunting on first sit indside the car. mp3 cd player is that standard across the range? how do you all find the seats they felt very comfortable to me ,how do you all find long journeys? lots of kit on these cars whats your favorite.and some one posted brakes can feel dead anyone else found this ,most car reviews say it pulls up very well , and is a very good solid car have only seen 2 or 3 since looking but always make me look over my shoulder! cant wait to get one money,s burning a hole in my pocket.:) :) :clap:

Tabintab

Sep 15, 2006
Peterborough

I have a 2.0 TDI Sport (6 Speed gearbox). Long as i dont nail it, i get 55mpg at 70mph & up to 60mpg at 50 - 60 on longer trips.

Car has now done 27k so its all nice & loose. Though I think it does depend on how you drive the car in relation to your MPG. So dont rule out a 2.0 litre engine :)

I had a Skoda Octavia 1.8 20v & was an excelent car for what I payed for it :D Skoda are good motors.

Tab

ray bigblue

thanks tabintab
no disrespect to octavia,s that was my 2nd choice car but the altea has just won me over with it,s good looks and sound vag engines (skodas as well)
its got everything i need and loads of style. i may still swing towards the 2.0 with dsg if i can strech to it . seems the tyres are the key to good mpg with the 2.0 tdi the 17 inch owners seem toget less mpg than the ones with 16 inch wheels ,am i right to think this?

Tabintab

Sep 15, 2006
Peterborough
seems the tyres are the key to good mpg with the 2.0 tdi the 17 inch owners seem toget less mpg than the ones with 16 inch wheels ,am i right to think this?

I think you are quite correct from what I have read. Though, why tyre size would make any difference to mpg on the Altea i have no idea.

Tab

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise