Any Sparkies able to give some advice ?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I need to put up two external 15-20 watt led pir floodlights , I have already done one as it was over the garage and was able to use a very short run of 1.5mm white flex, however the other one needs to go over the front entrance way , there is no access back into the house and the area it needs to be mounted to is upvc cladding.
The closest power is in the garage (no more than 10mtrs max) , I dont want to use black cable (all that seems available) as the cladding wont support conduit. What options (if any) do I have ?

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
I need to put up two external 15-20 watt led pir floodlights , I have already done one as it was over the garage and was able to use a very short run of 1.5mm white flex, however the other one needs to go over the front entrance way , there is no access back into the house and the area it needs to be mounted to is upvc cladding.
The closest power is in the garage (no more than 10mtrs max) , I dont want to use black cable (all that seems available) as the cladding wont support conduit. What options (if any) do I have ?
Hi Gokiwi64
I am not sure what the problem is, 1st you can get white flex, but you say the cladding wont support conduit, but just put some sticky back mini trunking and run the cable through it

https://www.screwfix.com/p/nexans-round-flex-2183y-3-core-0-75mm-x-10m-white/1387t
And you can get this in 3mt lengths
https://www.screwfix.com/p/tower-self-adhesive-mini-trunking-12mm-x-8mm-x-2m/73354

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I've not seen any external or outside rated white flex , everything with that rating is black in colour, Ill look a bit harder.
No idea why I didnt think of self adhesive trunking !!
The cladding is like maybe 8mm thick with a hard outer shell but a foam inner , it doesnt lend to being screwed into unfortunately.

I

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
I've not seen any external or outside rated white flex , everything with that rating is black in colour, Ill look a bit harder.
No idea why I didnt think of self adhesive trunking !!
The cladding is like maybe 8mm thick with a hard outer shell but a foam inner , it doesnt lend to being screwed into unfortunately.

I
I don't think there is such a thing as outside rated flex, well not for what you need, if it was going under ground etc but going in trunking it will be fine, also if it is staying up there I would still put some small self tappers in through the back of the trunking into the cladding

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.