Any suggestions welcome

Apr 6, 2020
Hey guys. I have already used the search function and cannot find the answer I am looking for.

Sorry if this is quite long.

I drive a seat ibiza cupra tdi 2004. When I purchased the car 2 years ago all the work had already been carried out. Hybrid turbo etc.

The Engine management light came on and I got it checked. The code suggested an intermittent boost pressure issue.

The mechanic suggested I change the map sensor. It has been replaced and the EML is still on. Tried to delete but same code of boost pressure intermittent.

I was then thinking the MAF sensor. I have disconnected this, etc however I don't believe this is the problem. As it didn't have much difference on the performance.

Today I have checked my egr valve. There is some oil around it, and it is stuck OPEN. I have read the symptoms, I. E. I can smell fumes through the air vents, loss of alot of boost, rough idle etc.

So my next port of call is to replace the egr valve with a new one, as I believe it could be one of the parts to do with the egr vaccum or something.

However, is there any of you guys who could suggest of this sounds correct?

As I have been reading online and I don't want to start the whole vicious circle, of buy a part, replace it and then left with an issue. Then having to buy another part and repeat. As this is just not cost effective at the moment. I'd like a general rough idea where to start.

Other issues I've read online that is could be lambada sensor, or a list of other sensors.

I am just starting to get p***Ed off lol.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
It's a bit obvious, but have you checked your boost pipes? Are they silicone? Split?
When I bought my TDi Fr130 my mechanic cousin told me to go easy on my right foot as the two halves of one joint(original plastic) were being held together with several cable ties. Fortunately when they did come apart you knew about it. If you have a slight split it might only show when you plant your right foot?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.