Anybody RR a standard Leon FR Tdi?

dyls

Hi,

I was just wandering whether anyone has rolling roaded a standard Leon Fr Tdi and what kind of results they were getting?

On another note does anybody know the difference (engine wise) between the 150 lump in the leon and the 160 lump in the Ibiza Cupra Tdi?

thanks

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
My standard Leon came out at 151.7BHP at JBS a while ago.

Can't remember the differences between the 150 and 160 lumps but plenty info on here if you search.

dyls

cheers. I was reading about VAG turbo diesels generally being under quoted regards the amount of power they have. I have read (whether true or not) that the 130tdi in the fabias were really pushing out close to 140bhp and the 150tdi in the golf was closer to 160. Hence I was thinking possibly there is no difference in the 150 FR and 160 cupra engines.

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
dyls said:
cheers. I was reading about VAG turbo diesels generally being under quoted regards the amount of power they have. I have read (whether true or not) that the 130tdi in the fabias were really pushing out close to 140bhp and the 150tdi in the golf was closer to 160. Hence I was thinking possibly there is no difference in the 150 FR and 160 cupra engines.

I heard that too.

Mainly down to the "Dyno-lottery" some rolling roads give realistic results where as some are more optomistic.

APNess

Feb 1, 2005
I went on Well Lanes' rolling Road and only got 179hp @ fly, 256lb ft @ wheels, and that was chipped, so I suspect that particular RR would read under power for turbo cars, including stock figures, whereas the n/a cars were reading not far off or spot on (very few were over what was expected). It had a puny fan which can't really be expected to represent the volume of air you'd get out on the road, in my opinion.

Been to some RR where the fans have been enormous, and still cars underperformed. The RR lottery is down to the road, the operator, the air getting to the car (whether hot, cold, full of exhaust fumes) and the alignment of the sun with regards to the moon and all the gravitational effects upon the earth.

Or something like that.

ronnie939

I have just got back from Power Engineering this weekend, I got 179 bhp and 278 lbs ft. During june there is got 182bhp/289lbs.. @15' on the day...

We also ran another TDCI and he had the carbono induction and that got 191bhp/284 lbs ft (I think)

Both chipped REVO and AMD respectively

APNess

Feb 1, 2005
Looks like the induction kit (when set up rigth and shielded from engine bay heat) is a good investment.

prc

Sooty Meister
dyls said:

that's right, the difference are a different IC and different mapping.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.