Anyone else sick of 50 shades of grey (cars)?

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Chat' started by jamesedwards0579, Jul 2, 2018.

1. jamesedwards0579

jamesedwards0579 New Member

I suddenly noticed a couple of months ago that nearly all cars on the road these days are black, black, grey, black silver white and black.. oh and grey. My own car is silver so it does fall within this but heck I'm bored of seeing 50 shades of grey cars so my next car is going to be a colour.

Looking on SEAT car configurator to see what colours are out there... the only metallic colours are silver, silver, grey, grey, black and white .. oh how exciting. Plus the med blu and emocion red.

Whatever happened to the bright yellows, bright blues etc of a few years ago or even just a choice of a few less bright colours would be nice.

I hope when the new ibiza comes in that a new range of colours will come in with it.

IT was so nice being in Cuba a few weeks ago (yes I was there when Castro died) and seeing a full range of car colours adoring their cars. Some beautiful blues, pinks etc. Not that I want a pink car but I'm bored of monochrome and would like a nice blue or maybe gold/yellow car or even red (which is not normally my car colour choice).

2. theoldboy

theoldboy Cupra 280 with attitude

Simple answer appears to be get the car wrapped any colour you want and it protects the original bodywork so when you take it off bodys in good shape..

I used to work with a guy who owned a pink car because he wanted to be different. Funny never got nicked either.

3. Maypack

Maypack Cupra 300

I guess it depends on which model you get. You can’t get Emotion Red in the Cupra, mines Desire Red and when you see it, there’s a fantastic metallic sheen from it. Mystery Blue is another cool colour and was my original choice but I’m well happy with the Red and the amount of comments I get saying how it suits the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. saveoursouls

saveoursouls Member

My first choice would be blue and yes I’ve noticed how there’s a lot of dull colours around at the minute. In my budget on a mk2 I was looking at black, red or silver, I think silver looks tacky, Black is boring which left Red. I think red suits the mk2 well as it looks quite sporty.

5. matt_s

matt_s 4 8 15 16 23 42

When i was looking I could only find back, white or grey. Black makes the trim look faded and the wife has a white Ibiza FR so a white Leon FR would have looked weird so I got a monsoon grey one.

6. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook SCN sticker = +20bhp
    Staff Member

I like the monsoon grey!

I notice the 50 shades of grey thing all the time which bothers me so I tried my hardest not to follow suit even if some of them might look better haha

I'm glad the MK2 had speed blue available in the cupra r lol

7. Scrogg

Scrogg Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...

Are there more grey cars because that's what most people buy, or do most people buy grey cars because that's the only colour available... :think:

8. Jimbobcook

Staff Member

:stars:

9. Scrogg

Scrogg Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...

That's being replaced with Magnetic Grey for MY19

10. matt_s

matt_s 4 8 15 16 23 42

Me too, my last car was a platinum silver mk1 leon. Some of the neighbours didn't notice I had a different car for a while.

11. Jimbobcook

Staff Member

Haha that's funny!

Am I right in assuming that your status of numbers is from Lost lol I only just recently re watched it... Unless I'm wrong then this never happened haha