Anyone else's Leon take forever to clear the windscreen?

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
It could be that you are setting up the cabin to be so toasty toasty that you create a humid environment which is more likely to create condensation.
One thing I have noted is the system is setup to not work all that hard at a standstill. It works best once the car is on the move and you will note that it clears quicker. Unless you have a iced up screen it may be worth to turn it off initially while the engine warms up then turn it on after a few minutes once its warmer.
I'm only suggesting this based on using older cars without aircon and how the system will only be producing cold air when it starts which makes sense because it's only just turned on.
Otherwise I'd suggest putting towels on your windscreen and holding them down with the wipers - this is obviously if it's not going to rain, but then if it does weather than involves rain tends to bring slightly warmer heat vs when it's clear and no protection from cold air coming down to meet the ground.
In terms of aircon, used without putting it too hot should act like a dehumidifier, but again it may not work best when you first start or are at least stationary.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I only have temp on 18-20 (unlike my wife - full heat) and not just Seat. Last 2 Nissans and previous Honda's had the same problem but never tried dehumidifier. No leaks or damp carpets in any of them. I assume (like previous cars) the aircon will not work in freezing temps which makes drying the air harder from start.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Never had a car that doesnt mist up. Some very high end cars dont, but they have expensive systems to ensure it doesnt happen. None of the anti-fog products ive ever tried did anything useful.
Now I carry a dry waffle weave cloth with me, it removes most of the water. Just remember to remove it from the car at night otherwise its just a source of water for the fogging to happen again.

Its shame heated screens aren't a more common thing, my Focus had one and it was fantastic. Screens demist when the car is moving more because fiction warms them slightly.

Last edited:

phate101101

Oct 6, 2015
I've been experiencing this in my 19 cupra, If it's warmish inside the car and cold outside, when I get in it's fine but after about 30 seconds it'll all steam up..
Had me sitting in the middle of the road with hazards on one evening because I couldn't see anything a few seconds after pulling off ;/

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
Mine was putting out hot air in a couple of minutes, within a mile from the house. Is it only diesels that have the auxiliary heater?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.