Anyone ever managed to do this!?

Jun 18, 2019
Merry Christmas you lot

So basically...the circled part in the attached picture is spot welded from factory and the as you can see RH engine mount bolts to it.

B113AAAE-BA7F-4DFA-9DB2-3EDFF6682CDD.jpeg

My GTB2260VK and 120% firads have managed to break these welds and so now the circled part isn’t attached to the car anymore lol..I’ve never seen this happen to any of the Ibiza’s with a lot more power!

9A852922-FCD9-4FA5-A8B1-DFEB2607D4F5.jpeg
344079CD-F216-462C-9094-EF79F208E14B.jpeg

Is it as easy as just drill the factory spot welds and re do it or perhaps seam weld it for extra strength or perhaps an upgrade exists? :think:

Cheers
Joe

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
If it was only spot welded before, i'd be inclined to stitch weld it back on. Just make sure it is going back in exactly the same position so i'd make sure you have accurate datum points before you remove the paint. Cover up anything that weld spatter will effect, like the belt and anything plastic nearby. AND remove anything that could be affected by the heat. I'd also have a bucket of water and a rag so after you've welded you can use the wet rag to cool down the area around the weld. Before you arc up make sure the battery has been disconnected that way you won't be frying any ECUs.
I'd be inclined to get your local Seat dealership's opinion on this before you do anything. It maybe they'll repair it for you? Even if they don't, they'd want to know about it as it may be a bigger issue than you think.

Jun 18, 2019
If it was only spot welded before, i'd be inclined to stitch weld it back on. Just make sure it is going back in exactly the same position so i'd make sure you have accurate datum points before you remove the paint. Cover up anything that weld spatter will effect, like the belt and anything plastic nearby. AND remove anything that could be affected by the heat. I'd also have a bucket of water and a rag so after you've welded you can use the wet rag to cool down the area around the weld. Before you arc up make sure the battery has been disconnected that way you won't be frying any ECUs.
I'd be inclined to get your local Seat dealership's opinion on this before you do anything. It maybe they'll repair it for you? Even if they don't, they'd want to know about it as it may be a bigger issue than you think.
Cheers for the reply mate, gave her a good seam weld in December (it married up to where it was from factory no problem) and since have had it on the dyno and a few race days and she’s sweet

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.