Anyone fitted under car neons?

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Icecavern said:
Oh FFS! Neons, fitted properly so you can't see the tubes can look really nice on the right car. I get a bit annoyed at this "I don't like that so it's chav" attitude everyone has.

To answer your question, I would route the wires around the car and then in through the grommet behind the rear bumper. The wiring for the number plate lights goes through there as well. As long as the wires are secured properly to the bottom of the car in some conveluted tubing it should be safe from stones etc snagging them.

Pete

I wanna fit the controller in the front ashtray and don't wanna route wiring through the car, is there any easy access to behind the dash from under the car?
The side tubes will fit nicely behind the side skirts but the front and rears will be a bit tricky, I'm thinking of fitting the front one behind the sump guard!

cheers

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
you can run them up the drivers side front wing, behind the arch liner. then through the bulkhead through the spare grommit next to where the ecu loom enters the cabin (under the drivers wiper)

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
See this:
longlows.jpg

is nice....

BUT .... THIS:
A2S.jpg

is OTT! :repuke:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
g60jet said:
Sorry Boys but neons on a parked up car look ok, its the driving with them on thats silly

agree with you, but i dont think fidge said anything about driving with them on!

cup rahhh

Aug 16, 2003
Kent
Visit site
got em on mine dude

i get narked with the slaggin off too...

anyways - if you take out the pollen filter and look right at the back there a grommit

poke this through and your'll be able to thread your wires inside - after a lot of poking about to thread them through i pulled the wires down with a hooked piece of wire and into the passenger footwell

after that it was a case of tidying the wires and hiding the ecu controller underneath and having the remote threaded through just underneath the ciggy lighter bit

all sorted - and since - ripped back out ready for more :)

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
WatchHill said:
At least he's honest I s'pose.
In my humble, neons look toss and I reserve the right to laugh heartily at any vehicle with them fitted, but if it floats your boat you knock yourself out son.
:shrug:
Back in the day I loved mine!........

But I have seen the error of my ways and grown out of it.

Those VARAD ones look pretty good. But I doubt i'd have them on mine.

Can you be a Rice boy and drive a Spanish car?

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
cup rahhh said:
got em on mine dude

i get narked with the slaggin off too...

anyways - if you take out the pollen filter and look right at the back there a grommit

poke this through and your'll be able to thread your wires inside - after a lot of poking about to thread them through i pulled the wires down with a hooked piece of wire and into the passenger footwell

after that it was a case of tidying the wires and hiding the ecu controller underneath and having the remote threaded through just underneath the ciggy lighter bit

all sorted - and since - ripped back out ready for more :)

I will have a look cheers!

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Hey there bloody great things, have them on my landrover 110 offroader in white. When your out in the middle on nowhere, bugger all night vision as you have had the fogs on full you can flick them on and see the floor and all the little dangers that it has before you jump out of the cab and fall in a puddle or pot hole.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise