Anyone fitted under car neons?

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Scotty_b said:
Hey there bloody great things, have them on my landrover 110 offroader in white. When your out in the middle on nowhere, bugger all night vision as you have had the fogs on full you can flick them on and see the floor and all the little dangers that it has before you jump out of the cab and fall in a puddle or pot hole.
Could you not just use a torch? Or link the curtsey light to some LEDs in your wing mirror?

Rather than a full under body lighting kit that would break on a 4x4 if it was properly being used for "off road" use .... which 99.9% of them are NOT.

:bleh:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Trust me this one is used for Off roading not the school run!

Torches are ok, if you have one with batteries and it hasn’t gone flying off into the back after you up a a step bank or through a rocky river bed.

In the wing mirror! Have you seen a land rover! no room for them and they spend most of there time folded in due to the trees and bushes.

Not broken them yet and ive managed to blow the engine and snap a prop shaft so far so there standing up well! Only thing is they get covered in mud very quickly.

They work well on road cars for the same use, where do you think Audi etc got he idea for the door puddle lights! (or was it the other way round! Chicken or the egg!)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
fidge mate, let me know how you get on.. .interested to see the results really - and see how you got on with the install :)

Would be good to see them in the flesh too :)

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
HELLO?!?! Officer, I have bolted some Bejam strip lighting to my car, can you pull me over please!

Sorry but every car I've seen with "neon" bolted to it has been hanging off or cost more than the car is worth. I'd rather buy a chrystler neon.
Each to their own but it looks really tacky shite IMHO, pass the Halfords spinners.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i really HATE the fact that people cannot accept neons. All I was THINKING (just toying with the idea really) of doing was getting 2 neons, one for either side of the car. These would be single colour (either red to match the rest of my car interior or white) and they would ONLY be used when parked up - be it at meets or when I want to take photos, or show off a bit. I WOULD NOT DRIVE WITH THEM ON.

Some may say whats the point in having them - but christ - its not expensive to do and it would also be dead easy to wire it up into the boot and my ice install.

It can look good on the right car if done properly, and I think it would be nice to see what it looks like on mine.

Now i will let you continue to flame us on here but i dont care. :bleh:

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
This guy said can you give him a bell when your done........

chav.jpg

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
The main reason neons have such a bad rep is that nine times out of ten they are on a piece of cr*p with big wheels, a big exhaust and 1 big sub with 4 little chavs in caps init.

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
ChrisUK said:
This guy said can you give him a bell when your done........

chav.jpg

LOL!

Well I gotta buy some more neons now cos I ran over one of the long tubes backing out of the garage! :censored:

Pabs I'll let ya know when I eventually get it done!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.