Anyone had a play with the 'Driver Profile' on their new FR's?

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
As title, has anyone had a play with the Driver Profile settings on the new FR's?

Notice any obvious differences?

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
I have a friend with FR in Turkey. He says that it really changes the characteristics of car.

bigdan82

I've only had it in Sport since I got it. Tried Normal for a litle while but Sport is nice :)

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
I think it's quite psychological too, if you put it in sport, your right for gets heavier, if you put it in eco you're naturally lighter on the throttle. :)

reiben101

Top spec models(2.0tdi 184ps and 1.8 tsi)have a sound actuator so probably there is some difference.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Surely the higher the spec the less need there would be?

And I thought it was only the two larger diesels and the larger petrol that have a sports mode that turns on the amplification anyway. Surely the 2.0 150 TDI has it....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
From the press pack:

The SEAT Drive Profile
The character of the new Leon FR can be individualised to suit both mood and situation: The SEAT Drive Profile enables the driver to vary the characteristics of the power steering, engine response and DSG transmission in three modes – eco, comfort and sport, plus an additional individual setting. The SEAT Drive Profile in the Leon FR will also influence the engine sound (1.8 TSI 180PS and 2.0 TDI 184PS engines only), which is modulated via a sound actuator, as well as the interior ambient lighting – depending on driving style, the door-mounted LEDs switch between white (comfort, eco and individual) and red (sport).

SC is also the same.

reiben101

They said only top spec diesel and top spec petrol engine. 2.0 TDI 150 is even slower than 1.4 TSI 140 and that one doesn't have it.

EDIT: dieselface was quicker :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
They said only top spec diesel and top spec petrol engine. 2.0 TDI 150 is even slower than 1.4 TSI 140 and that one doesn't have it.

EDIT: dieselface was quicker :)

Come on now, the petrol is 0.2 secs faster to 60, but in the real world the diesel is much faster! 236 lb/ft torque as opposed to the 1.4s weedy 184 !!!:p

Andy;)

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
Come on now, the petrol is 0.2 secs faster to 60, but in the real world the diesel is much faster! 236 lb/ft torque as opposed to the 1.4s weedy 184 !!!:p

Andy;)

The 1.8TSI is also 184 lb/ft so is it faster than this also? Where do you draw the line?

reiben101

Andy;)

So according to your logic in real world 1.6 TDI is just as fast as 1.8TSI?

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
:whistle:Now now Girls, don't get carried away.
Obviously, BHP comes into it.
My point was, that even though the 1.4 is 0.2S quicker than the 150 diesel to 60, the diesel is much much quicker in the real world.

The 1.4 has 140bhp and 184lb/ft torque and the 2.0D has 150bhp and 236lb/ft torque, so come on, really which one is quicker in the real world. In the real world 30-70 mph overtaking tests, the diesel wipes the floor with the 1.4.
Im not knocking the 1.4, its an excellent engine, I just didn't buy it as it doesn't have the "shove" of the diesel.

Cue a bun fight.........:handbags:

Andy

Last edited:

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
In my 'real world' I seem to be stuck at traffic lights most of the time so your 150 loses to both the 1.4 and the 1.8. Hey ho.

reiben101

If you put those two cars side by side and give them a route of lets say 30km, I'm not so sure that diesel powered car would come much quicker. Sure it has higher bhp and torque but its also 80kg heavier.
I also think that there's no chance to be humiliated in 1.4TSI in any of those tests(0-100, 60-100) unless you don't know how to drive it properly.

KarlosMk3

Hi Guys,

I thought the door LEDs were meant to turn red when switching to sport mode, however, i cant see any door LEDs :(

I have them turned to max in the settings, has anyone got a picture of theirs turned on??

Cheers,

Karl

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
Hi Guys,

I thought the door LEDs were meant to turn red when switching to sport mode, however, i cant see any door LEDs :(

I have them turned to max in the settings, has anyone got a picture of theirs turned on??

Cheers,

Karl

I think it is impossible to see the red or white leds in daylight conditions. They are best at midnight conditions.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.