Anyone had a play with the 'Driver Profile' on their new FR's?

KarlosMk3

Thanks, dont think i've driven it at night yet :)

I can see a cheeky drive tonight on the cards :)

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
You can see the led's in the daytime if you look up into the recess.

But, yes, as mentioned they can be seen as intended at night time. The red is easier seen than the white.

Andy

KarlosMk3

finally took a drive last night and love the door leds :)

I do wish they were visible during the day tho, the advert definatley lied ;)

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
finally took a drive last night and love the door leds :)

I do wish they were visible during the day tho, the advert definatley lied ;)

At least it's only a minor thing..

Not like the false advertising involved in THIS:

Flying-Delorean.jpg

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
No difference steering feel

the only difference is Eco will kill you with laggy throttle response from a junction

no noticeable difference between normal and sport

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
the Eco engine mode should be illegal. It’s very slow to respond and the cruise control is literally accelerating 1mph per 30 seconds up to speed. And the MPG doesn't even improve compared to the same journey in Sport/ Cupra mode. If it’s much noticeably more unresponsive on my Cupra 290 I dread to think what it’s like in the lower powered models :banghead2

EDIT actually I had this in my 1.0 Ibiza FR 115 and even though I recall it was less responsive I seem to recall you don’t notice as much I guess as the car is less power/ responsive as standard?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
the Eco engine mode should be illegal. It’s very slow to respond and the cruise control is literally accelerating 1mph per 30 seconds up to speed. And the MPG doesn't even improve compared to the same journey in Sport/ Cupra mode. If it’s much noticeably more unresponsive on my Cupra 290 I dread to think what it’s like in the lower powered models :banghead2

EDIT actually I had this in my 1.0 Ibiza FR 115 and even though I recall it was less responsive I seem to recall you don’t notice as much I guess as the car is less power/ responsive as standard?
Definite lag with throttle response in Eco and Normal but it's not too bad. However MPG barely improves so defeats the purpose. Saying that, I do leave mine in normal for day to day journeys as I prefer the early upshifts (more relaxing) when driving lazily as the response isn't so bad. I don't use Eco at all though, as after trying it for a while I decided it was a bit too lazy and I do not like coasting. Steering is permanently in Cupra Mode as prefer the heavier feel. ACC seems pretty rapid in both modes for me.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Definite lag with throttle response in Eco and Normal but it's not too bad. However MPG barely improves so defeats the purpose. Saying that, I do leave mine in normal for day to day journeys as I prefer the early upshifts (more relaxing) when driving lazily as the response isn't so bad. I don't use Eco at all though, as after trying it for a while I decided it was a bit too lazy and I do not like coasting. Steering is permanently in Cupra Mode as prefer the heavier feel. ACC seems pretty rapid in both modes for me.
What do you mean by “normal” in the Cupra? I usually have mine in comfort.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise