Anyone ordered a Xcellence Lux

Krambo

Oct 6, 2018
I’ve ordered a Xcellence Lux 115 dsg. Was told end November/beginning December delivery. Anyone else ordered one?

CallumFR

Jul 9, 2018
That’s dropped significantly. Was it a factory order? I ordered a 95 FR in June and it’ll arrive in the UK on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MalteseSeat

Krambo

Oct 6, 2018
Swindled! Why? Was a factory order yes. Was your June order for new my19 model?

CallumFR

Jul 9, 2018
No, mine was a MY18 but as it was only accepted by the factory on the 14th July, it’s going to be MY19.

Krambo

Oct 6, 2018
Nice. Seems like similar wait time to me hopefully. Still don’t know why I’ve been swindled!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Nice. Seems like similar wait time to me hopefully. Still don’t know why I’ve been swindled!

When did you place the order with the dealer, and did they give you a build week? From experience of the majority (well, you could be special and the exception), estimated delivery time, and realistic delivery times are waay different. Me myself in 2016 before all this WLTP business, ordered my car end Aug, claimed delivery in early Nov, got my car, mid Dec. My next car, Volvo V40, ordered early September, claimed delivery end Nov / early Dec. Told the car is already built and on it's way on the ship soon, dealer will hold it for 1.5 months! Maybe it's because yours is Xcellence Lux...well let's see whether it will be congrats, or I told you so at the stated delivery time.

Sometimes the dealer will tell you what ship it's on, and you can track it! That's when you really know it's on it's way!

CallumFR

Jul 9, 2018
When did you place the order with the dealer, and did they give you a build week? From experience of the majority (well, you could be special and the exception), estimated delivery time, and realistic delivery times are waay different. Me myself in 2016 before all this WLTP business, ordered my car end Aug, claimed delivery in early Nov, got my car, mid Dec. My next car, Volvo V40, ordered early September, claimed delivery end Nov / early Dec. Told the car is already built and on it's way on the ship soon, dealer will hold it for 1.5 months! Maybe it's because yours is Xcellence Lux...well let's see whether it will be congrats, or I told you so at the stated delivery time.

Sometimes the dealer will tell you what ship it's on, and you can track it! That's when you really know it's on it's way!

I didn’t think Seat had a tracking service?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
It's not a tracking service, more like the dealer knows which cargo ship it will go on from their Factory in Spain, and you can track it on marine traffic. The ship my Ibiza was transported on back in Dec 2016 was the 'City of Oslo,' just tracked it now, for old times sake, it's near Newcastle! Which is ironic, as my new Volvo V40 would be delivered to Sunderland Volvo this week, how strange if it would be on the same ship!

Deany

Aug 16, 2018
I’ve ordered a Ibiza 115 fr Sport. I ordered it mid August. It’s now on a ship called Comet Ace, on its way past Portugal. Hopefully get it by November.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I’ve ordered a Ibiza 115 fr Sport. I ordered it mid August. It’s now on a ship called Comet Ace, on its way past Portugal. Hopefully get it by November.

You might even get it end of October. Assuming the ship doesn't go to Dresden (Germany) first to pick up German cars, then back to UK. Once the car gets offloaded, takes about 3 (this was my experience) to 5 days for it to be registered etc and prepped for delivery/collection.

Deany

Aug 16, 2018
The dealer did say end of October might be possible. I don’t want to build my hopes up

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
Hi guys, Newbie here..
I’ve just been to our local dealership and they’ve quoted end of January/ beginning of Feb for delivery of an FR Sport 115ps.

Should be good!

Bonjers

Aug 6, 2018
I ordered mine on the 23rd and have been told Christmas at best!

There's a desire red fr sport on autotrader in Grimsby at the moment.

Krambo

Oct 6, 2018
Anyone have contact details for seat customer service so I can try and find out anymore info.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.