Anyone ordered the Mk3 Leon

Starbucks78

Oct 7, 2009
I took the plunge last week on the 1.4tsi fr and I went through a well known broker who puts you in direct contact with a dealer so very secure. I saved just under 3k from list price when my local dealer could get know where near. The PCP deal includes a £1240 deposit contribution (of which would be part of a maximum 30% deposit if you want to put down a high ish deposit). Also includes 3 years free servicing and you can still get the tech pack for £500.

Having just learnt in the above posts that I cancel the PCP has certainly given me something to consider!

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Thanks for that Welshy!
I intend to pay mine off straight away and your research helps a lot!
Cheers
Andy

I just got off the phone with Seat Finance and it was quite interesting. I wanted some clarification on a few points so here they are:

1. Seat will donate £1000 if I signed up to their Finance package.

2. I can cancel the finance agreement within 14 days without any settlement fee.

3. If I cancel within 14 days I would have to pay interest only on the days between taking out the agreement and cancelling it, so only a few pounds.

4. If I cancel after 14 days, I would have to pay 1 month and 28 days interest.

5. If I cancel, I can keep the £1000 donation.

6. If I cancel, I can still get free servicing. The finance guy actually told me that some dealers will tell you that you will lose the free servicing and that this is incorrect.

7. After cancelling the agreement within 14 days, you get 30 days to pay for the car. During this 30 days you can still keep it.

Hope this helps some of you. I'm going to take out the finance and then cancel and pay off with a lower interest bank loan.

keensmith

I've also taken the plunge! 1.8TSi DSG, paddles, Tech pack, Sunroof, Winter pack, Seat Sound System, 18" wheels, Convenience pack, Alcantra & flat red in colour. Was originally told Nov/ Dec but 'phoned SEAT & nice lady replied saying they were starting to build this version end March 2013. Ordered through broker, got £3.5k discount & told "late April" delivery, which as of this moment still holds. We'll see?!!

Starbucks78

Oct 7, 2009
Yeah Drive the Deal. I have never purchased through a broker before and apart from offering a good price, they put you in touch with a main dealer, and you only pay money to the dealer. I was a little hesitant at first but all seems very professional so far. As the order is with the dealer you can also get the tech pack offer, whereas the other brokers apparently couldn't.

phsroberts

Those online broker prices are amazing, as most dealers aren't interested in knocking much off. My local dealer did ours for DtD plus £190, which I thought was very fair considering I'm in Scotland, so would have had to go and pick the car up. Thy also gave me a brilliant part ex on my ibiza, which made the online brokers about 1k more in the end.

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Just been on DTD myself and configured the same spec.
At list price theirs was around £2000 less than I paid, however I did get an excellent px price on my Golf GTTDI, booked at 13200 and I got 14000. Also got free mudflaps, touch up pen and they put my private plate on retention £105.
Then took the finance which I plan to pay off within 14 days- gave me £1000 discount and 3 years free servicing.
Therefore, when it all washes out, I was pretty much getting the same deal locally!
Ok, if i had got the finance deal through DTD, then I would be worse off, but im happy with the deal from my local dealer.

Andy

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Just noticed, DTD website price includes the seat finance offer.
Therefore the price I paid was pretty good. Considering the excellent trade in offer i got, DTD really werent much cheaper than my dealer!
Andy
Just been on DTD myself and configured the same spec.
At list price theirs was around £2000 less than I paid, however I did get an excellent px price on my Golf GTTDI, booked at 13200 and I got 14000. Also got free mudflaps, touch up pen and they put my private plate on retention £105.
Then took the finance which I plan to pay off within 14 days- gave me £1000 discount and 3 years free servicing.
Therefore, when it all washes out, I was pretty much getting the same deal locally!
Ok, if i had got the finance deal through DTD, then I would be worse off, but im happy with the deal from my local dealer.

Andy

Last edited:

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
5. If I cancel, I can keep the £1000 donation.

6. If I cancel, I can still get free servicing. The finance guy actually told me that some dealers will tell you that you will lose the free servicing and that this is incorrect.

This is very interesting. For points 5 and 6, are you saying that, even if you cancel within the 14 day cooling off period, you still get the benefits or does that only apply to cancellation after that time?

Also, does anyone know if the 14 days applies to agreements signed on the dealer's premises? I've tried searching for more information but it's not clear whether this is a legally binding arrangement or just goodwill on SEAT's part. In the past, cooling off periods were only for distance selling but this may have changed.

I just tried to ring them myself but I got a message saying to ring back Monday to Friday.

phsroberts

You can pull out of the finance only within 14 days, this is now a legal requirement regardless of where the agreement was signed. You cannot pull out of the purchase though, there is no colon off period.

I'm not 100% if you keep the servicing etc if its cancelled within 14 days, it would seem very strange if you did though. I'm just going to make a bulk payment of 99% of the balance, then request an early settlement figure...this way the 2 months interest penalty is only calculated on 1% of the balance, instead of the whole lot.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
One thought about this would be potential reg flags with credit checks. If you're having one done for a PCP and one done for a bank loan in close proximity this might cause some problems.

Scott

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Well Im keen to pay off the finance at the first opportunity which allows me to keep the £1000 and the free servicing.
If anyone confirms the cheapest way to do this please post here!
If I can pay off within the 14 days and keep the incentives, thats what I plan to do!

Andy

pubsinger

Jan 18, 2007
I just got off the phone with Seat Finance and it was quite interesting. I wanted some clarification on a few points so here they are:

1. Seat will donate £1000 if I signed up to their Finance package.

2. I can cancel the finance agreement within 14 days without any settlement fee.

Is this 14 days from delivery of the car or signing the agreement. Signed up for a PCP @7.9% on Friday (15th March) but dealer told us 12 weeks to deliver a 1.4TSi with all the extras.

The sales guy did say we could cancel and keep the benefits, however I assume one has to wait for the £1000 cashback to be in the bank before cancelling. The value of the car we traded in was greater than the maximum 30% deposit on the PCP scheme so we've also got cashback coming on that.

All the best, Pub

Last edited:

phsroberts

Is this 14 days from delivery of the car or signing the agreement. Signed up for a PCP @7.9% on Friday (15th March) but dealer told us 12 weeks to deliver a 1.4TSi with all the extras.

Have you signed a vehicle order form or have you signed the fincance paperwork?

You won't normally sign the finance until a couple of days before delivery, this is when the 14 days starts

pubsinger

Jan 18, 2007
Have you signed a vehicle order form or have you signed the fincance paperwork?

You won't normally sign the finance until a couple of days before delivery, this is when the 14 days starts

Aha, thanks for that, it was indeed the order form.

Excellent news. Have already applied for a personal loan from Sainsbury's at 5.1% to cover the balalnce, roll-on 12 week's time.

Pub

EoinM

I had been waiting for info on the new FR for months and ordered an Astra GTC instead. Saw one on the road this morning and now I am tempted to loose my deposit and go for one. I need to check out the interior properly - the more I see it it looks like the usual step down from the Golf or even the Octavia.

What are others opinions the interior?

phsroberts

I hated the interior of the old one, as I couldn't get my head around the giant painted plastic centre console. I really like the interior of the new one though. It feels like a nice place to be with the colour MFD and big screen in the middle. The seats are good in FR trim. If I had one request it would be for a darker headlining.

pubsinger

Jan 18, 2007
I like it, but then I haven't seen the Golf or Octavia interior. It's significantly better than the Mk2 leon IMO, lots of nice touches like mood lighting in the doors (may only be the FR), red LED downlights in the courtesy light, the fuel and temp guages rather than needles have a row of LEDs indicating the value.

We've gone for the 1.4TSi FR, Red, standard 17", Alcantara, techno pack, convenience pack, winter pack, spare wheel, media system plus and Seat sound system. Having seen a FR on Friday in my local dealer with pretty much all of the above, apart from having in addition leather and 18" alloys, I have to say the cabin is a nice place to be.

Didn't get an opportunity to play with the media or navigation... wonder if it gets full postcode search this time.

All the best, Pub

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.