Anyone ordered the Mk3 Leon

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Just been to see mine today and finalise deposit and what not and mine has P7's on 17's.

It also has a big deep scratches in the front bumper really where the front meets the bottom, passenger side. Looks like its skimed the floor at some point in transport. Dirty as hell too. I hope they clean it right otherwise its staying where it is until they undo any damage done. I've already agreed to allow front bumper to be replaced entirely very soon.

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
The P7's are also of the Cinturato type - low resistance. I'll see how they are before I get them. I used to like Pirelli though not had them for 5-6 years. Taking it there isn't a lot of love for them?

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
The P7's are also of the Cinturato type - low resistance. I'll see how they are before I get them. I used to like Pirelli though not had them for 5-6 years. Taking it there isn't a lot of love for them?

I had P7s on mine when I got it. I think the Flintstones used them as well.

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Well picked it up - great car. Apollo blue looks better than I imagined. I had second thoughts whilst waiting for it be delivered but more than happy now.

Few snags - the bump on the bumper. Which is actually a lot worse than what i initially thought (still not awful but still). My kids were arguing in the back as to why Mummy and Daddy had different coloured headrests. I told them to shut up. Shouldnt have they were right. Passenger has black, Driver has grey. Its an issue they have promised to sort out also. Last thing too - i forgot to even check they had put the tax disc in. Just got a call now - the sale guy is on his way to mine with tax disc and 4 btls of champagne.

I feel like a **** for missing the headrest and tax disc - just kinda had my head in the clouds and worried about the missus driving it off the forecourt. Lesson learnt. all said and done I'm satisfied - could have gone better though i'd still deal with them again.

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Nice one mate!
Need to see some pics of the colour.

Its a bit concerning about the headrest colour - how could they have got that wrong?

Mines now in the UK, just waiting for it to hit the dealer and get a call for collection.

Hopefully by Friday!:shrug:

cheers

Andy

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Its a bit concerning about the headrest colour - how could they have got that wrong?
When my OH picked her new Mini up, the salesman told us that he was not looking forward to telling another customer that their car had arrived with two different coloured seats fitted, so it is not just SEAT. At least headrests are simple to swap when the correct one arrives.

Last edited:

robtheplod

Hello Everyone!

I've been a long time lurker with my Leon 1.9TDi (mk2). It's 6 years and getting tired so put an order in today for a black FR 150 with all the mod conns (business lease). I test drove one the other day and loved it - obviously a lot different to mine! I think I have about an 8 week wait ....

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Yeah - bit miffed now really. Obviously I'll let the dealer sort it though whether I make a complaint is reliant on how it's dealt with. The salesman is sound. The guys who prep the vehicle obviously not so. Turns out that headrest is also missing its button to raise and lower the headrest. Turning into a bit of a farce :confused:

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Placed my order 6 weeks ago, heard nothing from the dealer since then. Gave them a ring to find out how it was going today and was told that the sales assistant "no longer works for the company". Fair enough, but it would have been nice to be given a new point of contact. So I ask about the progress and get told its "status 20" which is apparently equivalent to "order placed", so they have done nothing in the past 6 weeks. Obviously if the factory have got problems it's out of their hands, but it sounds like it's not even made it to the factory yet. Really quite miffed that there's been no communicaton and nobody progressing the order since the guy left.
How long are others getting for their build/delivery dates?
Am I being unreasonable in thinking about making a complaint?
(this is only for the 1.4 SE)

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Ordered mine 22nd - picked up it 29th. Dealer said he just tagged the car for them and it was en route already.

DJ - Hope you get it sorted. The lack of contact does seem a bit unreasonable in my opinion.

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Thanks guys. I had to wait 13 weeks for the Ibiza, so I don't mind a bit of a wait, but being told its "in production" and then it's not just worried me.

Starbucks78

Oct 7, 2009
Ordered my 1.4 fr on 6th March, chased up last week and was told a production slot was confirmed for end April and so delivery to me would be mid to end May. Fingers crossed as my trusty mk1 cupra tdi is going this Sat so having to borrow a car for a bit.

WildWestHero

Mar 11, 2007
The Wild West
Order placed through lease company for FR150 on 6th March (after cancelling order for FR184). Was told a factory order would be 14 weeks. Fortunately the supplier was able to nab one in the system, and it will be coming when my current contract expires - at the beginning of May.

I've ordered it in Nevada White. When I was at a dealers yesterday I saw and FR150 in non-metallic white. Certainly looked a lot whiter than the original white on the MK2. I went for Nevada White because of this (having also seen it on a MK2). If I'd seen the new flat white first I may not have bothered with metallic, as it looked pretty good. That said, I'll make a full judgement when I see it in the flesh, and maybe parked next to a non-metallic white.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members